Hi guys, i am yona.
I saw on @henri.lieutaud tweet today that “Starcknet 0.12: Quantum Leap Upgrade” brings the benefits of a very high number of TPS.
This was a very interesting thread for me, and congratulations on the development of Starknet. I checked the snapshot vote results, I got more than 97% ‘Yes’ and it seems to be released on mainnet soon.
Below is a summary about Quantum Leap Upgrade. (Please comment if there is anything to be corrected from what I understand.)
- Starknet has previously used a sequencer engine written in python, but due to this update, it will run on an engine written in rust. = blockfier (This is the result collab between Starkware and classlambda.)
- Similar to other Layer 2, Sequencers receive transactions from users, order them, and create blocks.
- But it’s going to work on a starknet fullnode called papyrus.
- This upgrade extends throughput and reduces user transaction rejections.
- It sounds like a multi-client in this part. It is clear that the new engine is better in terms of performance than the old one. What happens to the existing sequencer?
Blockfier is an open source. Is the mean ''sequencer decentralized"?
- How is Max tps calculated for Starknet?
Max TPS = transcation count(maybe 21,000) / Block per gasLimit. The block gas limit was not known from the in-starkscan block information.
(I’m not sure if this is the right tps for Layer2, but I don’t think I’ve seen a table organized for max tps anywhere.)
add) I just found out from docs that block limit is 8M. I’ll check more until I understand it perfectly.
I would appreciate it if you could help me solve my curiosity. In addition, it may be because I don’t know much about Cairo… If there are any resources I need to refer to so I can understand Starknet more, please leave a comment. Thank you.