Airdrops farmers - sybil sinks

I think its going to happen no matter whtat. But im sure they will keep an eye out

There is no way to perfectly distinguish a farmer who only thinks of airdrops. The important thing is that more people actively participate in the community to increase the value of the network. People with severe abuse can be filtered by ip or asset transfer kyc.

Agreed. This is pretty much what Linea did especially with their “Defi” week. According to Galxe there are nearly one million people interacted with it and the stress level of the network is crazy high. Must have been pretty useful for testing

KYC is the worst thing to use in a decentralized ecosystem where privacy should be the core value. Imagine being able to link a passport number to a public address.

if i were any project doing an airdrop, i would just bubble map all wallet addresses (including cex addresses) and then maybe reward their top 2 or 3 wallets if they have 5, 10 or even 100 connected wallets. Just reward their top 2 or 3 wallets, simple. I say 2 because some people have a main wallet where they store their long term tokens, and then they have an airdrop wallet. Sometimes, they’ll use their main wallet to send some USDC or ETH for gas to their airdrop wallet. In addition, they’ll use the soon-to-airdrop protocol BEFORE they transfer the USDC or ETH to their airdrop wallet. So I think it’s fair to include their main wallet in the airdrop. Hence, 2 connected wallets should be the min and max number of wallets allowed.

It is a nice idea in principle but Airdrop farmers get smarter with every airdrop, as more anti-sybil measures that are implemented by projects come to light. I doubt any serious airdrop farmer has linkages between their wallets nowadays, as wallet linkages have been a filtering criteria ever since the Paraswap airdrop

actually we don’t need real kyc, we only need a face verification system(for live face can not be made), and this system can allow the people scan two or three times. when the second-time scan, it matches the old data, this account can be qualified. This is the perfect way.

Why not utilize Gitcoin passport?
The amount of Farming bots that can put 1000 wallets to work as gone parabolic,if there isn’t a good sybil system in place for any community drop on all major protocols the real community will get hurt.

I think Gitcoin passport is suitable for EOA wallets, not smart contract wallets for the starknet network, unless EOA wallets via official bridge Starkgate (third party bridge) are checked via Gitcoin passport. This will complicate simple things and also a large percentage of real users will be harmed.
It is impossible for any project to exclude all sybils. protecting real users while minimizing this harm with strict rules is the best outcome.

same like i think some other projects are considering at the moment , but yes the testers should be rewarded, so they keep using the products and as they are already familiarized with it and recommend it to others as well. Sort of torch bearers

Why not utilize Gitcoin Passport ?
Because it’s not efficient.
For a real user, it’s difficult to get the 20 score without paying or sacrifying privacy.
And if you have money, you can easily get several Gitcoin passports.