Expanding the Builders' Council

X handle: [@tjelailah]

Relevant links to projects, repos or websites:

Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem:

I started contributing to the Starknet ecosystem in 2022, and my initial focus was on helping to decentralize Starknet by working on Juno, an implementation of a Starknet node in Golang. This experience not only deepened my understanding of the ecosystem but also allowed me to contribute significantly to its foundational infrastructure.

I also contributed to Warp before its depreciation, where I created a Remix Plugin for the Solidity to Cairo transpiler. This project subsequently influenced Nethermindā€™s development of the current Starknet Remix Plugin.

Currently, I lead the gaming infrastructure team at Nethermind. In this role, I am actively involved in onboarding Unity developers to Starknet, primarily through the Starknet Unity SDK. I am also a core Contributor to Starksharp, a C# Starknet SDK that is instrumental in integrating Starknet with popular gaming engines such as Unity and Godot. My work here demonstrates my commitment to expanding Starknetā€™s reach and applicability in diverse fields, particularly in gaming.

Furthering my engagement with the gaming community, I created the Dojo Unity Starter. My goal is to provide a seamless integration of Dojo and Unity, thereby enhancing the gaming experience on Starknet. Since I started working on gaming in Starknet, I have onboarded about 10 gaming teams to Starknet, facilitated through contributions and the tools I have developed.

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

My primary motivation for joining the Starknet Builderā€™s Council is to act as a catalyst in expanding the Starknet ecosystem, specifically by onboarding more builders and users. I envision a more inclusive and diverse ecosystem where new talents, especially from underrepresented regions, can contribute and thrive. My goals align with this vision and are twofold:

• Onboarding More Builders and Users:

• I plan to leverage my experience and networks to create more entry points and learning resources for new builders. This includes developing comprehensive guides, tutorials, and toolkits tailored for different levels of expertise, from beginners to advanced developers.
    • I intend to organize and participate in workshops, webinars, and hackathons that not only educate but also inspire more developers to build on Starknet. Collaborating with educational institutions and tech communities can be a strategic approach to reach a wider audience.
  • Representation for the Starknet Africa Community:

• As a member of the Builderā€™s Council, I aim to be a voice for the Starknet Africa community, ensuring their unique needs and perspectives are considered in the ecosystemā€™s evolution.
    • I plan to establish more robust connections between Starknet and African tech communities, creating a bridge that facilitates knowledge exchange, resource sharing, and mutual growth.

In essence, my goal is to create a more vibrant, diverse, and inclusive Starknet ecosystem. By focusing on developer tools, educational initiatives, community engagement, and representation, I believe we can not only enhance the current ecosystem but also lay a solid foundation for sustainable growth and innovation.

List of Core Values That Will Guide Your Decision-Making:

• Innovation: Embracing and driving change with a focus on continuous improvement of technologies and practices within the Starknet ecosystem.
  • Collaboration: Believing in the power of collective intelligence, I will foster teamwork and partnerships both within and outside the Starknet community to achieve shared goals.
  • Transparency: Upholding clear and open communication, ensuring that decision-making processes are accessible and understandable to all stakeholders.
  • Inclusivity: Ensuring that diverse perspectives are heard and valued, particularly focusing on bringing underrepresented groups into the Starknet community.
  • Integrity: Maintaining ethical standards and accountability in all actions, ensuring that my decisions are always in the best interest of the Starknet ecosystem.

Why Should Starknetā€™s Foundation Pick You?:

• Proven Contributor: My past contributions to the Starknet ecosystem, such as my work on Juno and the Starknet Unity SDK, demonstrate my commitment and ability to deliver impactful results.
  • Vision for Inclusivity and Growth: I bring a unique perspective focused on expanding the ecosystemā€™s reach and inclusivity, particularly through my plans to onboard more builders and represent the Starknet Africa community.

Hi, Iā€™m Kariy and Iā€™d like to be considered as a member of the builder council. Iā€™ve only been actively participated in the Starknet ecosystem since early this year but Iā€™ve been following its development since its early days. My contributions and involvement in the Starknet ecosystem are primarily on the technical side where I contributed to some of the projects in the ecosystem while also doing my own personal explorations.

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

• no bullshit
  • i like to consider myself as a pragmatic person

A description of your skills and areas of expertise

Software engineering, and have good grasp on the Starknet stack in general

Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?

Iā€™ve been an active builder in Starknet for almost a year where I do and think nothing else other than building stuff while providing important dev tooling to the ecosystem. As my role in the Starknet ecosystem has been mostly a builder, I think I would be a suitable as a member of the council. Itā€™s a builder council and Iā€™m a builder so, why not?

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.

My interests and decisions would mainly be in the favour of Dojo. As it is one of the project that has close partnership with the foundation, I believe success of both Dojo and Starknet would greatly benefit each other.

Any additional information that could be relevant to your application.

Hey guys, this is Luke from Web3MQ.

Contact

• X handle: [@lukeglw]

Relevant links to projects, repos or websites

Web3MQ website: https://www.web3mq.com
Madara HotStuff Consensus: https://github.com/Generative-Labs/madara/tree/hotstuff_consensus
Madara L1 Sync: https://github.com/Generative-Labs/madara/tree/state-sync-from-l1

Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem.

We first came into contact with StarkNet community end of last year, had the fortune to share what weā€™re building at StarkWare Sessions, and started contributing to Madara starting from late summer (mostly surrounding building new faster and more responsive consensus mechanism for Madara based on more cutting edge algorithms like HotStuff).

Generation one of our Web3MQ trustless messaging and relay network is already starting to be used for social primitives in Dojo and Realms and slated for wide release in Jan next year.

Weā€™ve also started to run developer events and communities (co-run with Taylor from Mask):

1. AW/FOCG bootcamp in Sept: 80 devs participated and finished 5 week curriculum that involves Dojo and Cairo
  2. Co-running biggest and keymost AW/FOCG community in Asia (500-1000 total members, 17 out of 24 applicants to Realms grant and 6 out of 10 final grantees come from this community. Daily around 300 messages, more active than no.1 English on-chain gaming TG group)
  3. Converting Asia developers and builders to Cairo/Dojo on-chain gaming ecosystem: consistently 1/3 of Dojo community call participants come from community we co-run, 17 out of 24 applicants and 6 out of 10 final grantees of last Realms grant come from this community. 5 out of 15 Dojo game jam participants converted by our community in Asia.

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

Main motivation is that we love StarkNet, the great community its fostered, and want to contribute to its future growth.

Goal: We hope we can contribute to votes that can help this great community building great world-changing products and tech, bridge with wider user communities in areas like Asia and US/North-America that are ready to adopt crypto for their daily social organizations, while also preserving the strict technical security and integrity thatā€™s currently a signature and key value of StarkNet.

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

We have one key value: Idealism bridged with reality and rooted in adoption.

We love the StarkNet community because of the daring builders that are hacking at the boundaries of mathematical possibilities to provide humanity with next-level network technologies for social organization. However for this to happen, we need to be able to have these technologies adopted by normal people who really canā€™t tell apart legitimately soul-infused products/networks from ponzi-schemes simply from the technical difference. We will champion proposals that progress user adoption, while preserving the economic security that Web3 brings with rigorous cryptography and decentralized infra.

Past experience in governance, in general.

In terms of experience moving things forward as teams, been running startups as founder/co-founder since 2017, most of the time with teams concentrated in 10-20 member size.

A description of your skills and areas of expertise.

Web3 since 2022, mostly around high-performance decentralized infrastructure such as decentralized messaging protocols and consensus systems. (Web3MQ is currently the fastest and most scalable Web3 messaging protocol/network, 2-5x faster & ~30x more scalable than Waku.)

My original background is in Machine Learning while going through grad school at MIT.

Also within our team, we have early partners of key Asian funds and incubation efforts since 2018, bringing us deep expertise and understanding of Asiaā€™s crypto scene, which can be sexy for growth, but also a Wild West of both genuine users/adopters and speculative users.

Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?

I think having views represented that come from understanding both Asia and infra at the same time might be very important for balancing growth/adoption and long-term technical integrity.

I think thereā€™s two key angles that we can provide to the council:

1. We are a deep infra team, and can provide good representation around infra consequences on the council: Out core work at Web3MQ focuses on designing high performance decentralized networks, weā€™d love to provide opinions during conversations from the angle of developers/builders who work with infra deeply.
  2. We have deep, native empathy with Asia Web3 community, and hope to bridge the application-layer needs of APAC developers and users with the long-term, value oriented values of StarkNet ecosystem: Thereā€™s this fundamental challenge to navigate in Web3 today, where Asia developers play a critical role in making end-user oriented applications that have powerful adoption momentum, but might be more aggressively financially designed. On the other hand, StarkNet has always been a community that has grown around building fundamental technologies and products that create fundamental value. We think itā€™s key for StarkNet community governance to be able to bridge two different worlds for these great fundamental technologies to be widely adopted and create everlasting impact in the world. Weā€™d love to help the Foundation achieve this if weā€™re picked.

We hope to be able to contribute our angles to conversations and decisions around how to pick between different infrastructure technical choices that have greatly different consequences on the application-layer and user-dynamics. Especially as difficult technical decisions to navigate between technical ideal and adoption reality are more likely to arise when the token goes live next year.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.

We are an infra team passionate about building seamless and trustless infra and so might make proposals on improvements to the StarkNet stack in the future (especially around mempool and consensus etc. where we spend a great amount of time ourselves). In such a scenario, I pledge here beforehand to recuse myself from voting on technical proposals that originate from infrastructure designs made or proposed by Web3MQ team.

Hey :wave:,
Iā€™m Yoav, a Co-Founder at Braavos. Sorry I missed the deadline, if possible please consider my application.

• X handle: @yoavgaziel

• Relevant links to projects, repos or websites:

• Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem.
    As a Co-Founder at Braavos iā€™ve contributed to everything related to Account Abstraction from the very beginning of Starknet including code, relevant SNIPs, internal and external discussions and workshops, dev support on Telegram and more. I also helped promoting the adoption of innovative signature schemes and security in Starknet in general.

• Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

• Promote stability of Starknet - participate in scrutinizing the roadmap and making sure we have a robust and secure network
    • Promote usability of Starknet - as wallet developers we have first hand feedback from users about whatā€™s working and whatā€™s not working on Starknet. Using this feedback I intend to help resonate what is important to end-users and hopefully promote that
  • List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

• Provide value to end-users - We should push Starknet Growth as builders. Promote features and fixes to the network that users care about
    • Security - If we get hacked weā€™re doomed - we must make sure user funds are secured at all costs
  • A description of your skills and areas of expertise.
    Software and Cyber security

• Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?
    As a long time dev on Starknet, I hope I can contribute from my expertise to the builder council

• Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.
    I am a Co-Founder at Braavos, the developer of the Braavos wallet as well as mySwap and wstETH DeFi pooling amongst other things.

Twitter handle: @ipblat

Hello, dear developers and forum participants!
My name is Igor. I am a creative member of the BlackAmberTeam (BAT). Our team has been tracking early stage projects for more than 3 years, testing them and engaging the community to test and promote the product.
At the beginning of our journey, our teamā€™s participation in Starknet was limited to the installation of Starknet test nodes. And for a year now, weā€™ve been tirelessly updating and keeping it up to date. In addition, BAT members started and still do exciting product testing of the ecosystem. It is very exciting, as my patience for getting a level 8 b role OG Starknet ID has been tested.
In fact, it should have been, because Starknet has gotten faster. And now I can no longer dine until my transaction gets ā€œcompleteā€.

Potential conflicts of interest:
If my cat doesnā€™t bother me I wonā€™t have any conflicts of interest. He can be insufferable at times. But I promise I will let the team know if my cat moves in with my aunt.

Requests for Delegates:
Donā€™t be embarrassed. Always your servant, Igor | BlackAmberTeam.