The governance committee is thrilled to share exciting news – we’re expanding the Builders’ Council to 20 members. This post will provide you with details regarding what the Builders’ Council is, and how you can apply to become a member.
- The Starknet Foundation sees importance in having representation to Starknet builders, due to their expertise and in-depth knowledge regarding Starknet, and is delegating a portion of its voting power to the Builders’ Council during the 1st phase of Starknet’s Governance.
- To date, the Builders’ Council has participated in 2 votes that approved Starknet version upgrades to V0.11.0 and V0.12.0.
- The Builders’ Council is expanding the number of its members to 20.
The Builders’ Council plays a vital role within the Starknet ecosystem and governance mechanisms, characterized by the following key responsibilities:
- Informed decision-making: The council conducts comprehensive learning and deliberation processes for each proposed decision. The primary objective is to arrive at well-reasoned and expertly informed decisions that will benefit Starknet.
- Advocacy for the community: The council actively engages in discussions and voting processes, representing the interests and perspectives of Starknet community members.
- Transparency: The Council operates in a transparent manner. It ensures that discussions, decisions, and activities of the council are made accessible and comprehensible to the broader community.
- Alignment with vision and values: The council ensures that the decisions it makes are fully aligned with Starknet’s vision and core values.
More information about the Builders’ Council and the expectations from the Council’s members can be found in The Builders’ Council modus operandi announcement.
The Builders’ Council is looking to expand the number of its members from 17 to 20. Members of the Builders’ Council are expected to be well involved in the Starknet ecosystem and well informed of Starknet’s status.
- Applications should be posted in the comments of this announcement.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Governance Committee and approved by the Starknet Foundation, similarly to the initial setup of the Builders’ Council.
- Starknet builders are invited to submit their application for the council until December 8th, 2023.
- The announcement of the new council members will be posted within a few weeks time after then.
The application should include the following details:
X handle: [@Delegate]
Relevant links to projects, repos or websites:
Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem.
Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Builders’ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.
List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.
Past experience in governance, in general.
A description of your skills and areas of expertise.
Why should Starknet’s Foundation pick you?
Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Builders’ Council.
Any additional information that could be relevant to your application.