Expanding the Builders' Council

The governance committee is thrilled to share exciting news ā€“ weā€™re expanding the Buildersā€™ Council to 20 members. This post will provide you with details regarding what the Buildersā€™ Council is, and how you can apply to become a member.

TL;DR

• The Starknet Foundation sees importance in having representation to Starknet builders, due to their expertise and in-depth knowledge regarding Starknet, and is delegating a portion of its voting power to the Buildersā€™ Council during the 1st phase of Starknetā€™s Governance.
  • To date, the Buildersā€™ Council has participated in 2 votes that approved Starknet version upgrades to V0.11.0 and V0.12.0.
  • The Buildersā€™ Council is expanding the number of its members to 20.

The role of the Buildersā€™ Council

The Buildersā€™ Council plays a vital role within the Starknet ecosystem and governance mechanisms, characterized by the following key responsibilities:

1. Informed decision-making: The council conducts comprehensive learning and deliberation processes for each proposed decision. The primary objective is to arrive at well-reasoned and expertly informed decisions that will benefit Starknet.
  2. Advocacy for the community: The council actively engages in discussions and voting processes, representing the interests and perspectives of Starknet community members.
  3. Transparency: The Council operates in a transparent manner. It ensures that discussions, decisions, and activities of the council are made accessible and comprehensible to the broader community.
  4. Alignment with vision and values: The council ensures that the decisions it makes are fully aligned with Starknetā€™s vision and core values.

More information about the Buildersā€™ Council and the expectations from the Councilā€™s members can be found in The Buildersā€™ Council modus operandi announcement.

Applying to become a Buildersā€™ Council member

The Buildersā€™ Council is looking to expand the number of its members from 17 to 20. Members of the Buildersā€™ Council are expected to be well involved in the Starknet ecosystem and well informed of Starknetā€™s status.

• Applications should be posted in the comments of this announcement.
  • Applications will be reviewed by the Governance Committee and approved by the Starknet Foundation, similarly to the initial setup of the Buildersā€™ Council.
  • Starknet builders are invited to submit their application for the council until December 8th, 2023.
  • The announcement of the new council members will be posted within a few weeks time after then.

Starknet Builderā€™s Council Application

The application should include the following details:

• X handle: [@Delegate]

• Relevant links to projects, repos or websites:

• Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem.

• Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

• List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

• Past experience in governance, in general.

• A description of your skills and areas of expertise.

• Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?

• Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.

• Any additional information that could be relevant to your application.

If you have any questions or need more information, please feel free to reach out to us on X (@sylvechv) or via email at sylve@starknet.org.

Links

• X: @DarkosNightmare (and @Influenceth)
  • Discord: DarkosNightmare
  • Telegram: DarkosNightmare

Relevant links to projects, repos or websites:

Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem:
Hello! I am Chris Lexmond, and as a dedicated member of the StarkNet community, I am excited to be considered for the Builderā€™s Council. As an active developer on StarkNet, building Influence, a fully on-chain MMO strategy game, I have a strong vested interest in the success of the platform. Since mid-2021 I have actively contributed to the community through my development of multiple Cairo libraries (see list above) as well as various smaller contributions (technical and otherwise) including to cairo, starknetjs, and starknet-devnet.

In addition to my technical contributions, I have built strong relationships with the StarkWare product team and other core, third-party infrastructure teams (wallets, block explorers, marketplaces, etc.). I regularly provide feedback and insights to those teams based on my own experiences and the experiences of the Influence community. I was additionally selected as, and have participated in governance as, a Starknet Delegate.

Additionally, before the mainnet deploy of Influence, an early alpha test of Influence was deployed on Starknet testnet in 2022 which saw significant participation (over 10,000 active accounts). Still today the Influence contract has the 4th highest all-time utilization on testnet (Top Contracts - Starkscan).

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals:
My motivation to join the Buildersā€™ Council is driven by a passion for advancing on-chain gaming in the Ethereum ecosystem. I consider Starknet a critical platform for this sector, particularly given its computational capabilities. My goal is to ensure the needs of dapp developers are prioritized, with a focus on enhancing Starknetā€™s suitability for the growing on-chain gaming industry, and in so doing, enhancing Starknetā€™s overall attractiveness amongst the growing number of L2 solutions.

I plan to:

• Serve as a liaison / resource to core Cairo / Starknet teams and to ensure that ecosystem developersā€™ feedback is heard and acted on
  • Advocate for the integration of volition to drastically reduce the cost of data storage
  • Promote efforts to drive more activity to Starknet, ultimately decreasing the amortized cost of compute

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values:
As a member of the Builderā€™s Council, I will prioritize decentralization, security, and ecosystem growth. I believe in the importance of transparency and accessibility, and I will be committed to being an active and engaged member of the community and to aiding in StarkNetā€™s evolution into the premier, decentralized zk-rollup on Ethereum.

Past experience in governance, in general:

• Starknet Delegate (1 year)
  • Corporate board member (6 years)
  • Non-profit association committee & board member (3 years)

A description of your skills and areas of expertise:

• Solidity - ERC721, ERC20, bridging
  • Cairo 0/1 - Math, procedural generation, bridging
  • Engineering / product development - web2/3, indexing, APIs, 3D
  • Engineering / product management

Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?
The Foundation should choose me for the Builderā€™s Council for my unwavering passion and commitment to its ecosystem. My dedication is best exemplified through the choice of Starknet as the foundational platform for Influence. I believe it strongly showcases my belief in Starknetā€™s capabilities and its future. Over more than two years of active community involvement, I have deeply engaged with Starknetā€™s evolution, contributing insights and fostering collaborative discussions. This experience, coupled with my hands-on work in bringing a complex game to life on Starknet, uniquely positions me to contribute meaningfully to the Council, driving forward both the networkā€™s growth and its adoption.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council:
I am the founder of Unstoppable Games, the developer of Influence. As an active user of StarkNet I believe this represents a well-aligned interest rather than a conflict, but I list it to be as transparent as possible.

Hello, Iā€™d like to be considered to be added to the builderā€™s council. I recently joined the Starknet ecosystem full time by starting Ekubo, Inc. in late May, but I have been following Starkwareā€™s developments for a couple yearsā€“I attended my first Cairo workshop in March 2021. I believe Starknetā€™s value is its ability to scale Ethereum without compromising on Ethereum values, and as part of the builderā€™s council I will represent this perspective.

Ekubo Protocol and related permissively licensed open source projects [1][2]

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

I would like to apply to builders council to help guide the technical direction of Starknet, so that Starknet is the best chain for builders. I have participated in discussions such as the SNIP token standards and volition, and I feel strongly about providing a development stack and ecosystem that enables builders to build unstoppable applications.

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

I will prioritize decentralization and effective governance. It is important that builders on the Starknet stack have all the necessary tools available to build unstoppable applications as they can on Ethereum.

Past experience in governance, in general.

Deployed and developed governance smart contracts on Ethereum mainnet for Uniswap governance, and related tooling (e.g. Discourse, Snapshot, governance-seatbelt).

A description of your skills and areas of expertise.

Software engineering, smart contract development, DeFi

I have extensive experience with protocol governance as well as building applications on Starknet across several upgrades.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.

My goal is to ensure the success of Ekubo protocol, but success of Ekubo hinges on success of Starknet.

Hello everyone,

My name is Đorđe, I am the CTO of Nostra.
I would love to be considered to be added to the builderā€™s council. I joined the Starknet ecosystem almost two years ago when we started building Nostra.

X handle: mijovic988
Telegram: mijovic88

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.
I would love to help guide the technical direction of Starknet, ensuring all builders will have a painless experience when joining the ecosystem. Also, one important thing is to decentralize Starknet, and I would love to be involved in executing the decentralization best way possible.

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.
I would prioritize decentralization, as this is the core value of Ethereum, and Starknet should keep up with core values of Ethereum. It is very important that builders can build truly decentralized applications.

Part of Tempus treasury multisig, making sure governance decisions are handled properly.
Also, deployed several smart contracts in the Ethereum mainnet governing them from multisigs. At peak these contracts were having $50M.

My main expertise is smart contract development and DeFi. However, period DeFi, I worked as a core contributor to the Solidity compiler at EF. So, I have very strong knowledge of compiler design and development.

I have a long experience of working with Starknet since the early days of Cairo. Also, having experience in governance of different DeFi protocols (Tempus Fixed Income, Raft) as well as low-level developments, I think I would be a perfect fit for Builderā€™s Council.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.
I would say there are no conflicts. I want Nostra to succeed, but there is no success if Starknet doesnā€™t shine.

Greetings, my name is Alex. After several years of being passionate about blockchain, Iā€™ve gotten to know a large part of the Starknet ecosystem. My involvement in various projects on Discord , has allowed me to delve deeper into this world.

I believe that an ordinary participant can make a significant contribution to the development of blockchain. My goal is to become a voice through which the community can voice their opinions, concerns, and ideas. I strive to be a bridge between developers and everyday users, creating an interconnected community where every voice matters and can contribute to the development of the technology.

My role here is not to address critical issues, but to be a voice for everyone else. I am willing to take on discussions and issues that, while not as significant, are also valuable to the community. This will allow the team to focus on their hard work without being distracted by secondary aspects.

X- @SanbkaP

Experience and participation in the Starknet ecosystem:

Participation in Starknet ecosystem testing since March 2022.
Role in the Starknet community: Starknet Star in Discord, DIsland moderator, Influence language moderator, ZKX OG, Ecubo OG, Paradex OG.

Motivation and goals for joining the Building Council:

Description of my motivation:

A desire to actively participate in the development and governance of Starknet
Achieving balanced and informed decisions for the benefit of the ecosystem and participants

Core Values:

Values that will guide me:

Transparency in decision making
Striving for development and innovation
Community and the interests of the participants at the center of attention

Skills and Area of Expertise:

My skills and area of expertise:

Skills in blockchain testing and development experience
Skills in creating various kinds of content

Why the Starknet Foundation should choose me:

I aspire to be a liaison between the Starknet Foundation and community members.
I plan to create polls and discussions on topical issues, to take into account the opinions and interests of the community, and to ask accurate questions from the community to the team.

Potential conflicts of interest in participating in the governance of Starknet:

My role as a liaison between the developers and the community may be perceived as subjective or biased, but I will endeavor to represent the opinions of a wide range of participants, not just a certain group.

Hi everyone,

This is Ahmet, founder of Dolven Labs.

I would love to be considered to be added to the builderā€™s council. I joined the Starknet ecosystem at itā€™s very early stages with the help of Henri and itā€™s been more than 2 years.

X handle: ahmetoznarr
Telegram: ahmetoznar

pyramid.market ā†’ Pyramid is a leading NFT Marketplace and NFT Infra provider on Starknet. (I am responsible of almost whole tech side as mostly backend and onchain)
starkguardians.com ā†’ StarkGuardians is an NFT collection with numerous utilities, supported by a robust and dedicated community comprising approximately 250 members. (I am responsible of tech side)
dolvenlabs.com ā†’ Dolven Labs is a DAO-Based Ecosystem Catalyst
starknet.social ā†’ Your onchain landing page on Starknet where you can showcase not only your links, but also a variety of other content.
lotuss.app ā†’ Lotus is your ultimate permissionless NFT raffle platform (Incubated by Dolven Labs)
cairolib.dev ā†’ (Deprecated) CairoLib was a platform designed to list Cairo contracts along with their properties, with the purpose of facilitating the process of adopting Cairo. (https://twitter.com/ahmetoznarr/status/1599169239125876736/photo/1)

arena.dolvenlabs.com ā†’ (Deprecated) Organized Cairo Kings Arena which is the first online Cairo Coding challange. (How to participate in Cairo Kings Arena | by Dolven Labs | Medium)
Github repo of Cairo Kings ā†’ (GitHub - dolven-labs-catalyst/cairo-kings-arena-solutions)

Github - dolven-labs-catalyst
Github - ahmetoznar ā†’ My personal github
Github - starkGuardians

Past experience and contributions to the Starknet ecosystem.
I have listed all the projects/events that i contributed or built on Starknet but alongside building, me and my team involved many developers/influencers or key people from Turkey and encourged them to build on Starknet.

I have experienced and feel strong about building on Starknet and have been actively using the Starknetā€™s dev kits/libraries/sdks more than 2 years. So my experience can be helpful to have better Starknet. Also, i believe i can turn into an advantage of living Istanbul. There are many good developers in Turkey who is still not met with Cairo and Starknet. I can be their first stop of while they are adopting to Cairo and Starknet and provide their feedbacks to council to have better Starknet for builders. And I can be responsible of the whole educational events organized in Turkey that Starknet wants to organize or contribute.

I will prioritize ecosystem growth and faciliate involving devs to Starknet. I believe in the importance of trustless setups, data availability and onchain verification on Starknet. Alongside the importance of proving/verifying data as on chain, scaleability of products are also very important for me because the one of the important thing is user-experience to get more traction to Starknet.

• Starknet Delegate
  • I was member in a venture capital/incubator and was playing a role in decision making for projects that applied to program.

A description of your skills and areas of expertise:

• Building scaleable apps and experience in following technologies and topics
  • (PostgreSql, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, Indexing, Queue and Cache Management)
  • Cairo 0/1, Solidity, Gasless TXs, Circoms
  • Product Management / Growth

I joint Starknet ecosystem at itā€™s very early stages, and we proved ourselves in terms of trust/building/being commited to Starknet etc. Also Itā€™s been more than 2 years i joint and i have deeply knowledge and experience of building on Starknet. My feedbacks and experience can help to have better and easier Starknet.

2 years of my labor has been and still is spent developing at Starknet, the success of the products we develop depends on the success of Starknet at the same time. And at the same time, our only source of income and hope at the moment is our applications on Starknet. So the growth and success of Starknet is very important to me.

Hello everyone, glad to be presented with this opportunity to be part of the Buildersā€™ Council, here is my application:

Twitter: @0xevolve

Telegram: @evolve0x

Mail: matthias@pragma.build

Pragma Oracle, the first oracle on Starknet

Madara, the decentralized Starknet sequencer

Gomu gomu, the benchmarking tool for Starknet sequencers.

Contributions to:

Snos, the Starknet OS in Rust

PoseĆÆdon in Rust

Starknet book

Iā€™m a developer on Starknet since end of 2021, and never left since. Iā€™ve been contributing to numerous repositories throughout the year. I started to work for Maker DAO on Starknet, in order to bridge DAI on Starknet, and this lasted 1 year. I then started to work on Pragma, the first oracle on Starknet, seamlessly continuing the work from Empiric Network, which had to stop its activity end of 2022. I from then contributed to lots of initiatives, but the contributions that stood out were around Pragma, and Madara, to which Iā€™m a core contributor.

Additionally to those technical contributions, I spent a lot of time in events, notably every Starknet meetup in Paris since the first one, every Starknet CC, and always Stark-pilling people around the world.

I want to engage in Starknetā€™s governance to make it the ideal environment for building applications and innovative protocols. Iā€™ve closely followed Starknetā€™s evolution from late 2021 to the present, observing both its successes and areas needing improvement. I believe the time is right for me to participate in discussions and decision-making within Starknet. I possess a deep understanding of the entire stack, as well as insights into the challenges faced by builders and the communityā€™s culture.

My main objective is to enhance Starknet as the best development space. To achieve this, we need more dialogues focusing on performance, stability, and support. I want to contribute my perspective on these issues and actively work towards improving Starknet.

Here is the Efficiency/Thoroughness ladder, and my position within it:

Iā€™m just right before Ethereum in the latter, meaning I highly value thoroughness, and things should be reviewed and discussed enough before going to vote. However, especially for Starknet, we have to be efficient, and move relatively quickly.

I spent a year at Maker DAO, giving me a solid grasp of decentralized system governance. Iā€™ve gained insight into the duration of discussions, the inefficiencies within DAOs, and the benefits of diverse opinions colliding.

I know really well the whole Starknet stack, as Iā€™ve been a core contributor to Madara. I have a deep understanding of Cairo, the sequencer, the Starknet OS, nodes and the blockchain stack in general.

I also am knowledgeable in the areas of DeFi and stablecoins, and obviously oracles.

My understanding of Starknet, its community, operational functions, and envisioned improvements is substantial. With a two-year involvement in this community, I maintain high moral standards. It seems fitting for me to step into the builder council at this point.

Iā€™m affiliated to Pragma and Madara, I donā€™t think it constitutes any conflict of interest. I will be neutral in my decision-making, and hold the benefits of Starknet and its community above any personal interest.

X handle: @shrameetweets

Projects led:

Starklings - Interactive tutorial for Cairo and Starknet

Blockifier in WASM - For optimistic Cairo executions.

Hanji - Docs generator for Cairo

Pailliers Homomorphic encryption

Cairolatte - Cairo functions catalog

My other source repos (lang:cairo):

https://github.com/shramee/ng-questplay

https://github.com/shramee/-abw-redline-game-manager

Projects contributed to (forks):

Debugging utils, type defs, minting, tests, amarna, improved DevX for tests and docs

Added WebSockets pub/sub for blockhead (PoC)

Mock tests transport for super fast CI tests

Multiple major contributions: Proposed and later led changing systems to be standard contracts for improve devX and composability, semantic analysis of Cairo, and more.

Minor optimisations

Minor contributions in early days (Dec 22)

Some chapters

Motivation

I am passionate about building impactful transparent systems. A wave of systems with verifiable integrity will soon be solving the biggest societal challenges. I wanna to play a prominent role in bringing about this wave.

Core values

The concentration of power in the hands of a few is leading our society to a stagnation. I want to work towards systems that disburse this power into the hands of the masses making the larger entities be more accountable and be compelled to operate with integrity.

Past experience in governance, in general*

Not sure this counts but,

1. I was Information Technology minister at school.
  2. Represented in Indian Model of UN in the first committee with agenda - illicit trade of arms and role of blood diamonds

A description of your skills and areas of expertise

Software Architecture, distributed computing, Rust and Cairo.

For the statements above.

• Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of
    the Buildersā€™ Council.

None I can think of at the moment.

Thatā€™s all folks.

• X handle: fricoben

https://book.cairo-lang.org/

I am building a company (Starknet ID), apps, and dev resources. Always 100% focused on Starknet.

• Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals.

Provide a Business-oriented vision to decisions.

• List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values.

Core values would be Ethereum ones:

• Neutrality

• Censorship resistance

• Openness

I have the end vision of Starknet and Ethereum in mind, Iā€™ll prioritize the long-term success of this mission even if it means small short-term sacrifices on centralization of decision making for example.

Starknet Delegate.

Entrepreneurship (Iā€™ve founded 3 bootstrapped companies), marketing in web3, and Full Stack dev.

With 2 years committed to this ecosystem, my team and I have proven our commitment with our actions (creation of public tools, creation of businesses, help during marketing campaigns ā€¦). My feedback could be valuable for the council.

• Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.

Like all builders, I have a team and a company to run (Starknet ID). The success of the Starknet ID is correlated to the success of Starknet!

Nope.

Relevant links to projects, repos, or websites:

Hi there! Iā€™m Marcello a developer in Starknet ecosystem, Starknet Delegate and an active participant in Starknet governance. I have been deeply involved in research engineering since late 2019, experimenting with Zinc and Circom (ZK DSLs) and contributing to the early development of Starknet and early experiences with STARKs.

As a co-founder of Herodotus (project that leverages storage proofs to give synchronous access to current and historical on-chain data) one of the first connection supports we have developed was between Ethereum and Starknet, such that smart contracts on Starknet have access to current and historical Ethereum on-chain data. In addition to that we have developed partnership with Starkware, where in collaboration with their team we have built a blockhash accumulator containing provably valid blocks from all the way to genesis. https://twitter.com/StarkWareLtd/status/1720014827869909391

Being a Starknet Delegate, my commitment extends beyond the technical contributions, but also actively participating in governance, contributing to community growth, ensuring the voices of delegators are well-represented. I try to contribute to the growth of other projects within the StarkNet ecosystem as well, providing technical feedback and insights.

My motivation to join the Builders Council is driven by desire to advance and grow the Starknet ecosystem, providing a tool for developers to build more advanced and sophisticated applications, accessing liquidity from the base layer and other chains while drastically improving security by providing trustless access to on-chain data, aligning with the goal of fostering a secure and ever evolving Starknet ecosystem.

I am guided by transparency, decentralization, and alignment with Starknetā€™s mission which is to allow individuals to freely implement and use any social function they desire. My decisions prioritising the best interests of the community and the chain.

Research Engineering, Software engineering , Smart Contract Development, Product Design and Development, Product management.

As I am deeply involved in the Starknet ecosystem, have an extensive experience in research engineering, and a proven track record of contributions. My commitment to advance decentralisation, improve security, and promote ecosystem growth aligns with the foundationā€™s goals.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.:

At Herodotus, everyone on our team is committed to maintaining neutrality within the Ethereum Layer 2 landscape as we will integrate with multiple chains. If a conflict of interest arises, I will make it clear in my community correspondences and will be transparent about it.

x handle

https://x.com/glihm_

I discovered web3 and Starknet this in May this year (2023), and Iā€™ve tried to learn as quick as possible to understand and participate as much as I can to the network building. Iā€™ve worked at ScreenshotLabs and now Iā€™ve integrated Cartridge team to work on Dojo toolchain.

Here are some contributions Iā€™ve made to the ecosystem.

But also contributions have been done to the ecosystem on several channels:

1. On the discord server and TG groups, trying to be as helpful as possible answering as much questions as possible and guide new users through documentation and resources.
  2. Iā€™ve be invited to be a mentor at basecamp cohort 7, which was a great experience learning from feedback of new comers to the ecosystem.

My main motivation is to keep being involved in Starknet and bringing as much feedback as I can from the community to guide the decision process.
Lately, working on Dojo toolchain and appchains (especially for gaming), there are also a great opportunitiies here I can bring feedback that can help the appchains expansion and easy integration with Starknet.

In terms of goals, I would say making Starknet even more accessible.
Today I do feel an important friction from new users coming in web3 for the first time. I experienced this few months ago, and being a software engineer before, it helped. But all of users may not have technical background.

And secondly, making appchain interconnectivity with Starknet even easier, until the settlement phase.

The plans for that may include:

1. Making more interactive coding sessions with users to identify the most blocking topics.
  2. With toolchains like Dojo most of the technical/infrastructure part is abstracted, exploring how this can be extended.
  3. Participating to document more and share with the community about Starknet proving system and how it can be scaled for appchains.

• Transparency: Commitment to open and transparent communication. Sharing information about proposed changes, developments, and decision-making processes.
  • Resilience: Building with resilience is key to achieve long term goals maintain the protocol.
  • Community Empowerment: Focusing on empowering and serving Starknet community.

Not much for now, being new in web3 this could also be one of my first experience in governance.

Currently, Iā€™m mainly a rust and cairo developer and cryptography enthousiast.

Iā€™m not applying as an expert, but more as a recent user on Starknet. I would say that empiric knowledge may be known to be an effective council member (and I am doing my best to acquire it), but having someone with a different horizon and high motivation to contribute can be a good pick to innovate and foster inclusivity in the ecosystem.

I donā€™t see any for now, but I would be fully transparent on this if a conflict emerges.

Any additional information that could be relevant to your application.

Letā€™s keep building!

• X handle: @cryptonerdcn (and @StarknetAstroCN)
  • Telegram: cryptonerdcn

I am the co-founder and tech-lead of StarknetAstro. Starknet Astro is the largest Starknet Developer community(we have about 200 members, all of them are developers who knows how to write Cairo) in China. We has been actively involved in the Starknet ecosystem, contributing through various channels. Contributions include:

I also released some important technical articles about Starknet with other members.

• The open-source stack about StarkNet
  • Whatā€™s Starknet: a diffirent zkVM tech stack
  • Cairo 1.0 ēš„内éƒØęœŗ制ļ¼šęŽ¢ē“¢ Sierra
  • č§£ęžé“¾äøŠęøøꈏļ¼šé“¾äøŠå¤ę‚åŗ”ē”Øēš„ęœŖę„
  • StarkNet ꊀęœÆęž¶ęž„å’Œē‰¹č‰²ē”Ÿę€
  • ZH-CN: (web3降ę™ŗē³»åˆ—)äø€ę”Starknetę–°ę¶ˆęÆ引发ēš„做题ļ¼šęé«˜TPSļ¼Œä¼šé™ä½Žgas么ļ¼Ÿ
  • ZH-CN: (web3降ę™ŗē³»åˆ—)äø€ę–‡čÆ»ę‡‚StarkNetēš„å¼€ęŗå †ę ˆ
  • ZH-CN: Cairo 1.0-Alpha.3 ę–°å¢žē‰¹ę€§č§£čÆ»

I also played important roles in the following events:

We also released a series of Starknet Developing tutorial videos:

Description of motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council:
My primary motivation is to contribute to the growth and success of the Starknet ecosystem. I aim to leverage my experience to provide valuable insights, foster innovation, and guide the development of robust and efficient solutions. My goal is to help Starknet achieve wider adoption and recognition in the blockchain space.

List of core values guiding decision-making:

1. Integrity: Commitment to honesty and ethical practices.
  2. Innovation: Continuously seeking novel solutions.
  3. Collaboration: Valuing teamwork and community input.
  4. Transparency: Ensuring open and clear communication.
  5. Excellence: Striving for the highest quality in all endeavors.

As the con-founder and tech-lead of the biggest Starknetā€™s Developer Commuinty in China, I have much experience in governance roles in various tech communities and open-source projects. This includes serving on advisory boards, steering committees, and contributing to decision-making processes.

Description of skills and areas of expertise:

• Proficient in smart contract development and blockchain technologies.
  • Experienced in project management and event organization.
  • Skilled in community engagement and developer education.
  • Expertise in the Ethereum and Starknet ecosystems.

Why should Starknetā€™s Foundation pick you?:
Starknetā€™s Foundation should consider me for my proven track record in the blockchain space, my deep understanding of the Starknet ecosystem, and my commitment to its growth and success. My skills and experiences align well with the councilā€™s needs, and I am dedicated to contributing meaningfully to its objectives. If Foundation pick me, with this, I can better introduce developers from the Chinese community to the world of Starknet and guide them by using my tech experience in the future.

Details of potential conflicts of interest:
I am the co-founder of Starknet Astro, which means I need to be responsible for the community. Also, as a community, Astro may intersect with Starknet projects in the future. However, I am committed to transparency and managing any conflicts responsibly.

Additional information relevant to the application:
Thatā€™s all.

Hello, Iā€™m 0xAA, a Ph.D. student at Peking University. Iā€™m the founder of WTF Academy and former president of PKUBA. I want to be considered to join the builderā€™s council.

• X handle: @0xAA_Science

I created tutorials (WTF Cairo and WTF Starknet) to onboard hundreds of Chinese developers to Starknet.

We are hosting Starknet Basecamp Chinese, an 8-week BootCamp to onboard developers to Starknet. 150+ developers joined us and are learning Starknet Basics, Cairo, and more. We have invited experienced Starknet developers as lecturers, including Eli Ben-Sasson.

We have hosted 2 hackathons in China, ETH Beijing Hackathon, ETH Hangzhou Hackathon, where we encourage developers to build on Starknet.

I joined StarkCon 2023 and Starknet Hackerhouse Tel Aviv in person. We built WTF Starknet education platform during the hackerhouse. I was surprised by the vibes among Starknet builders and deeply agreed with the long-term vision held by Starknet.

I joined as a speaker at several local meetups in China to share Starknet with Chinese developers, including Starknet Beijing meetup, Starknet Hangzhou meetup, and ZK Night with Starknet (Hong Kong).

• Starknet needs to have a better developer experience: I will push the development of documents, tutorials, developer toolings, and the establishment of standards on Starknet.

• Asian developers are under-represented among Starknet builders: I will help Starknet hosts more basecamps/hackerhouses in the Asian area to onboard more developers to Starknet.

1. Diversity: consider the interests of different parties in the ecosystem.
  2. Transparency: discuss, coordinate, and make decisions in public.
  3. Long-term thinking

1. Iā€™m co-founder of PeopleDAO (twitter: The_PeopleDAO), the successor of ConstitutionDAO.
  2. Iā€™m a guardian of SafeDAO, previous gnosis safe. Iā€™m a top 10 delegate and host monthly meetings in the Chinese Safe Community to discuss the progress of the Safe ecosystem.

I have skills in developer education, DAO governance, and economics. I wrote one of the popular Solidity tutorials, WTF Solidity (8,700 stars on GitHub). And the WTF Academy now has a community of 8,500+ developers.

I joined the Starknet ecosystem at an early stage. I have proved myself as a trustworthy and capable candidate to the builderā€™s council, in terms of developer education, transparency, governance, and long-term vision.

I declare no conflicts of interest.

• X handle: @ClementWalter

• beta testing, tooling, contributions in meetup and twitter spaces

• I try to be the voice of the builders, raising concerns from bottom up by actually using all the tools and proposed solutions. I hence try to have a 360Ā° view of whatā€™s working and whatā€™s not from the end builder point of view. Most of the team in Starknet think that they ship, but lake on the integration with the rest of the ecosytem. The subsequent devX is poor. I try to voice this out.

• radical honesty
    • itā€™s ok to come with a problem and no solution
    • nothing is personal
    • good need to be celebrate, but bad needs also to be voice out
    • good devX/UX is a requirement, not a cherry on the cake

• delegate in the previous votes

• mainly applied science and software eng.

• I have been around for 1.5 year and have a track record of non compromising with mediocrity.

• I recently have signed a DP with my company (Kakarot) and the Fondation

Starknet Builderā€™s Council Application

X Handle: @antiyro

Relevant Links to Projects, Repos or Websites:

Past Experience and Contributions to the Starknet Ecosystem:
For over two years, I have been dedicated to developing on Starknet. My journey includes significant roles at SithSwap and SnapshotLabs, where I gained experience as a Starknet Dev/DevRel, bridging the gap between developers and users. Currently, as the CEO/CTO at KasarLabs, I am focusing on Starknetā€™s infrastructure, placing me in a prime position to address the networkā€™s fundamental challenges. I have also actively contributed to open-source, notably through Madara (which Iā€™m part of the comitee), thereby strengthening my connection with the infrastructure developer community.

Motivation and Goals for Joining the Buildersā€™ Council:
My primary goal within the Buildersā€™ Council is to act as a conduit between developers and companies, ensuring that every active agent on Starknet is heard and valued. I aim to improve the coordination of repositories on Starknet to avoid code fragmentation and duplication. Lastly, I plan to use my expertise to strengthen Starknetā€™s infrastructure and prepare for the next wave of developers.

Core Values:

• Integrity: Ensuring every community member is heard fairly.
  • Quality: Maintaining and enhancing Starknetā€™s technical reputation.

Past Governance Experience:
My experience at SnapshotLabs, a leading DAO manager in Web3, has given me a deep understanding of the stakes in governance and its impact on the ecosystem. Iā€™ve also been part of the first Starknet assembly, which was a success.

Skills and Expertise:
My versatility is one of my greatest strengths, thanks to a varied experience encompassing roles as DevRel, lead developer, and developer, always in close relation with the Starknet community. This diverse experience allows me a unique overview of the entire Starknet ecosystem.

Reasons for My Selection:
I am deeply committed to Starknet, with total engagement and no conflicts of interest. As someone of the ecosystem said, ā€œWe are ALL IN on Starknet.ā€

Potential Conflicts of Interest:
I have no conflicts of interest; my sole commitment is towards Starknet and its community.

Additional Information:
I have presented on Starknet and its development at numerous conferences and hackathons worldwide, highlighting my commitment and passion for advancing this ecosystem.

Ohayo,

Expressing my interest in joining the Starknet Builders Council.

As an early contributor to Starknet since late 2021, and as the co-founder of BibliothecaDAO and Dojo, I offer a unique perspective for the council.

BibliothecaDAO
GitHub: BibliothecaDAO

BibliothecaDAO has developed some of the earliest Cairo 0 repositories, including an indexer, a marketplace, an AMM, and games. Notably, we developed Loot Survivor, which adopts a novel Account Abstraction method using Arcade Accounts. This project is, to our knowledge, the largest Cairo 1 contract currently in existence, and is currently in the top 30 contracts of all time by steps.

The DAOs next project is launching Eternum on a custom Starknet rollup, using Dojo. Eternum is a primordial autonomous world, designed to be highly scalable and extendable. I encourage onchain game designers to review our repository.

Currently, BibliothecaDAO comprises 15 teams, all developing Dojo-based games.

Dojo
I co-founded the Dojo game engine alongside Tarrence and Sylve. I build across the stack from the core, to running full stack tutorials using Dojo.

Experience
My governance experience includes roles in corporate executive teams and DAO governance through BiblioDAO.

My current focus is on enhancing the developer experience within Dojo, pushing the boundaries of both Dojo and Starknet through onchain games and worlds. I have a comprehensive skill set spanning multiple disciplines, from Cairo, Operations to Design.

Values
I build in this ecosystem as I see it as the network with the most innovative technology, which will be required to build the autonomous world we all talk about. My values align with building a true permissionless network that will outlast all of us, all my decisions revolve around this.

Why I am a suitable candidate for the council?
Games represent one of the most challenging applications to build, and transitioning them onto the blockchain adds another layer of complexity. Identifying this challenge, I co-founded Dojo, advancing the onchain gaming sector by lowering the barrier to entry. Starknet is well-positioned to dominate this space with proper guidance. I am committed to leveraging the best technology and builders within this ecosystem to establish Starknet as the premier platform for building onchain games and worlds.

** Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council.**
Detailed above.

Thank you

X: @Fearmekvv

Discord: maxxng

Telegram: maxxeth

I am not a developer. I am a system engineer and currently a product builder on Starknet.

https://flexing.gg

We will opensource our code next week and turn Flex to an open source project.

Hi folks!. I am Maxx Nguyen. I have been with RYG.Labs since mid 2022. We are a startup with passion for NFT and blockchain technology.

I graduated from Information Technology University with a major in System Engineering and worked mostly in IT industry since 2005. I have 10 years of experience working with retail banking system / securities firm / risk management / AML management / server & firewall stuff.

After that i turned to entertainment / gaming industry focusing on game publishing, eSports development, tournament, eSports content director for online & offline events. I have worked with publisher such as Tencent, Riot Games, Valve, NC Soft, Asia Soft in the last 10 years publishing & organizing eSports tournament for many games such League of Legends, Dota 2, CS:GO, Apex Legends, Arena of Valor in my region (SEA).

I have a web2 agency working with global brand such as Intel, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, Logitech for events, activations, eSports activities in my region (Vietnam & SEA).

I focused and shift my business toward web3 starting from early 2021 as I found out and believed NFT tech will change human life forever. I tried to have team to build products on Solana / Sui before we settled with Starknet. We found our home here and choose to focus 100% our commitment in Starknet ecosystem. (Thanks Louis we never made this far without you)

I love Gaming & NFT and i hope my experience in the field can help bring useful products and PMF to the blockchain user & Starknet ecosystem.

We have one of the first NFT collection on Starknet call Dreammy Botty (Nov 2022)

Flex Marketplace(soon will be rebrand to Flex Protocol) is our second product and was the only marketplace as the time we deployed (July 2023)

Description of your motivation and goals for joining the Buildersā€™ Council. Please expand on your plans to fulfill these goals:

Starknet has some of the greatest minds on the leadership and council. I hope I can bring some balances in real world business & gaming knowledge to the table so we can leverage the Starknet stacks in building real world use cases, giving freedom access to decentralize finance and blockchain gaming to people around the world. (Axie changes life of many people from third world countries and I hope Starknet can do that too for the people in the most parts of Asia, LATAM & Africa)

As part of the builder council I am planning to be the bridge between great minds of the Starknet ecosystem and the outside world, meaning act as a Starknet Ambassador, connect people & builder, onboard and bringing more users & dev to Starknet by helping them understand the technology - the people & the vision of Starknet.

I have many projects and plans for 2024- 2025. We will work extensively with universities across our region, promoting Cairo, organize more meetup, sponsor & organize more events. Doing POC and brand awareness campaigns with regional & global brands by integration of Starknet stack into their product. Personally I am planning to attract & bring top NFT/Gaming projects into Starknet by helping them with connection, know how, and advisory.

List of core values that will guide your decision-making. Please share a few words on those values:

Decentralization is the core value of every blockchain ecosystem

Integrity is the key value of my business philosophy

Transparency is the key component of any community

Teamwork is a must. If Starknet want to be on top we must united and understand each other strengths and weaknesses

Practically. PMF should be the end goal for all the technologies in the world.

Personally I have been building and serving the tech & gaming community (1M+ active users) in our nation for the last 15 years

I also have 7 years working as C level of organization with more than 10000 employees

I know the good & the bad side of corporate governance vs community governance.

Governance is a very powerful tool to manage & grow big community. In our modern society entity with a great governance system always stay ahead of the game.

I am living and working in the SEA region most of my career and I do believe this region and Asia in general with play a pivotal role in sharping the Starknet ecosystem over the next five years.

I am a strong advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion, recognizing their crucial importance as foundational elements for any organization.

I believe that the Builderā€™s Council, as it opens its doors, will serve as a guiding force for all Starknet users and partners in the journey ahead. My aspiration is to contribute to building what society truly needs, developing products that millions of people will use, and offering financial freedom to individuals worldwide. I am eager to be an integral part of this endeavor and make a positive impact on peopleā€™s lives.

Details of potential conflicts of interest with your participation in Starknet governance as a member of the Buildersā€™ Council:

As the founder of Flex marketplace, I foresee our platform playing a modest yet significant role in contributing to the growth of the Starknet ecosystem.

For me, the Buildersā€™ Council serves as a crucial bridge connection Starknet with the outside world, and I consider it my privilege to to actively contribute to its success. I firmly believe that the success of Starknet translates into success for all stakeholders.

In the events of any conflicts, I am committed to transparent resolution methods, always keeping in mind the overarching success of Starknet as the ultimate priority.

Thank you.
Maxx

@pechaut (telegram)

As a member of OnlyDust I helped recruiting people and projects for the Starknet Community and organize the TelAviv event.

I then created StarkNation and helped defining the basic rules for a new grant comittee

I started Cairo-llm which is an AI LLM bot specially trained for Cairo

While I was working for OD I met wonderful people, brilliant minds and ideas that needed a little help to glow. I loved both providing technical / organizational / ethical advices and frames.

I started doing this through StarkNation.

• Commitment: Take the time the role implies
  • Courage: Some decision might not be easy, as I know most of the people from the community
  • openness: Stay opened to new views, new ways to make things, etc.

Participation through OnlyDust while working for them

Languages: JS, Rust, Python, ASM, C, C++
Cairo 1 beginner level
Ai : Advanced in Data Science, but expert level in LLM

I have managed large projects for big companies like Electronic Arts, and Essilor
both technic and management skills.

1. Proven Commitment to the Starknet Ecosystem: My involvement with OnlyDust, particularly in recruiting for the Starknet community and organizing significant events like the one in Tel Aviv, demonstrates a deep commitment to the growth and success of the Starknet ecosystem.
  2. Leadership in Community Initiatives: The creation of StarkNation and my role in establishing the framework for a new grant committee showcase my leadership skills and dedication to fostering a collaborative and innovative environment within the Starknet community.
  3. Technical Expertise and Innovation: My work on Cairo-llm, an AI LLM bot specifically trained for Cairo, highlights my technical prowess and innovative thinking.
  4. Experience in Large Project Management: My background in managing large projects for major companies like Electronic Arts and Essilor demonstrates my capability to handle complex tasks and make impactful decisions, a crucial skill for any role within the Starknet Foundation.
  5. Core Values Alignment: my commitment, courage, and openness align well with the values necessary for a role in the Starknet Foundation. My willingness to take on challenging decisions and stay open to new perspectives is essential for the dynamic and evolving nature of blockchain technology and its communities.
  6. Governance Experience: My past experience in governance through my participation with OnlyDust provides me with a solid understanding of the intricacies and responsibilities involved in a leadership role within the Starknet Foundation.

My combination of technical expertise, leadership experience, commitment to the Starknet ecosystem, and alignment with core values make me a strong candidate for selection by the Starknet Foundation. My ability to provide both technical and ethical guidance, along with my experience in managing large-scale projects, positions me as a valuable asset to the Foundation.

No

No

Greetings everyone,

This is Caner from Fibrous Finance.

I would like to be considered for inclusion in the builderā€™s council. Since early 2022, I have been working towards achieving significant community growth on Starknet Turkey. I am continuing this journey by building one of the first DeFi protocols in Starknet. My aim is to contribute to this community-oriented development by participating in the Builder Council, hoping to make Starknetā€™s future expansions more visionary.

I am dedicatedly developing and directing the business of Fibrous Finance. Additionally, under the name Starknet Turkey, I have played a part in the growth of one of Starknetā€™s largest communities by producing over 40 videos and blog post contents.

I would like to apply to develop a framework for Starknet governance that is befitting of the Ethereum vision, by analyzing various governance models, especially from other Layer 2 solutions. With this approach, I plan to consistently present research findings and ensure dynamic development through reports, with a focus on transparency.

• Transparency: Always ensuring proposals are explainable, understandable, and accessible.

• Sustainability: Creating a structure that can continuously foster and support developments.

• Decentralization: Contributing a delegation structure that aligns with Ethereumā€™s vision.

• Community-Oriented: Always open to listening to the community and focused on the future of the user base.

• Starknet Delegate

• Co-Lead of Delegation Team: As part of the Delegation Team at ITU Blockchain (itublockchain.eth), a pioneering non-profit organization, I have reviewed more than 100 proposals in various governance models, including dYdX, Optimism, Arbitrum, Starknet, Connext, among others. Throughout this experience, I have had the opportunity to prepare proposal reports aimed at enlightening the community and improving governance systems, as well as analyzing various governance mechanisms, primarily grants & incentive mechanisms.

Business Development & Data Analysis in DeFi ecosystem.

As someone who has been maintaining a development team on Starknet for a considerable time, I am well-versed in Starknetā€™s dynamics and overall vision. Therefore, I believe I can offer my proposed contributions as a council member that align with this understanding.

One of the inevitable successes of Fibrous Finance will only be possible with the success of Starknet. However, I would also like to declare that I will act transparently in any situation of conflict of interest.

Hi! Iā€™m Nikita and I would like to be considered for the builderā€™s council. I joined the Starknet ecosystem in July 2023 as a core contributor to LayerAkira - an order book liquidity infrastructure that supports markets for spot assets.

Motivation and goals for joining the Builderā€™s Council

I am committed to enhancing the accessibility and growth of the Starknet ecosystem, especially in DeFi.

My journey with Starknet began 6 months ago, and despite the supportive community, I encountered several onboarding challenges. My goal is to leverage my firsthand experience to eliminate these frictions for new builders, ensuring a seamless integration into the ecosystem.

Starknet possesses immense potential to lead in DeFi given its strong computational abilities. With my experience and understanding of tradfi and market making, I hope to grow DeFi on Starknet, attracting institutional-level players to the ecosystem

The plans for this include:

1. Developing a clear onboarding system for all new builders entering the ecosystem, with support groups for those who have questions about Cairo. This involves creating a Cairo-beginner-specific group chat to support these builders
  2. Advocate for and contribute to the development of tools and features that enhance the DeFi experience on Starknet, ensuring it meets both retail and institutional requirements

Core values that will guide your decision-making

I am guided by the following core values:

• Ecosystem growth: I am committed to making decisions that not only attract more builders and users to Starknet but also sustain their engagement and growth within our ecosystem.
  • Transparency and Open Communication: This is vital for building trust and fostering a collaborative environment among our builders.
  • Community-Centric Approach: I intend to actively engage with community members, listening to their concerns, and ensuring their interests are well-represented in council decisions.

A description of your skills and areas of expertise
Languages: python, C++/C, Solidity, Cairo 1, Koltin (language is just a tool)
Areas: low-level optimizations, CUDA, parallel programming, HFT trading, NFT trading, Web3,
Academia background: Nikita Mishin - Home

Why should Starknet Foundation pick you?

As a relatively new member of the ecosystem, I bring a fresh perspective, keenly aware of the obstacles faced by newcomers.

My unique insights into scaling DeFi are backed by a deep understanding of traditional finance. I am poised to bridge the gap between these two sectors, offering strategies that cater to a broad spectrum of users, from individual enthusiasts to large-scale institutional entities.

Potential conflicts

As a core contributor to LayerAkira, my primary focus aligns with the overall success of Starknetā€™s ecosystem. While my work with LayerAkira is a significant part of my journey, I assure that my contributions and decisions on the council will always prioritize the broader interests of the Starknet community.