[DRAFT] [Airdrop: Proposal] Ethereum Validators

Just remember, the purpose of airdrop is to increase user promotion projects, not to limit development.

2 Likes

I hope that future airdrops can take care of all supporters in the community as much as possible

1 Like

Thats 100% true. quite strong motivation, but at the same time you have to think about what to do with bot farmersā€¦

Thereā€™s good threads on sybil attacks "Arbitrum Airdrop Sybil Loophole": Proposed Measures to Address the Issue for the StarkNet Project - #12 by FutureCollective

For this proposal, the great thing about beacon chain depositors, this cannot be ā€˜bot farmedā€™ as you need to commit capital that is locked (especially pre-merge when un-bonding timeline was uncertain) and backed by running node operations, or suffer inactivity leak/loss of said capital.

There will likely be edge cases of one individual with multiple deposit addresses, however as this type of distribution has never been done before, thereā€™s no incentive to game it.

This may change if/when done, similar to Uniswap, which opened the flood gates for ā€˜address miningā€™ which was never a problem before Uniswap, as nobody was trying to game airdrops.

I think this is not bad idea, but it should be considered carefully. Many Exchanges and institutions are validators and I donā€™t think they should receive Airdrop.

I just hate ETH the gas fees are insance, but the blockchain works