[Proposal] Starknet Alpha v0.11.0

Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate specific feedback that the council has offered. I understand that there maybe a conflict of interest on the security front, but is there another way for the community to receive feedback in this areas? Perhaps can make comments from their personal accounts?

2 Likes

The Council abstained from voting on the Security of the upgrade not because of a conflict of interest but because we felt we didnā€™t have sufficient information to engage our responsability on this topic. We chose to trust StarkWareā€™s internal processes.

3 Likes

Hey Builderā€™s Council,

I just want to start off by saying how excited and grateful I am for this whole collaborative process. It reminds me of watching my one-year-old kid learning to walk these days. Even though heā€™s just taking his first steps, itā€™s honestly one of the most exciting things to see. Thatā€™s how it feels to be on this journey with Starknet Governance as we take these early steps together.

Big thanks for the dedication and hard work youā€™ve put in, and for the practical and constructive feedback youā€™ve provided.

Here at StarkWare, weā€™re definitely taking your suggestions on board and are committed to working them into our future release processes. We still need to have a detailed discussion, but we get that itā€™s important to extend and improve the integration and testnet periods. Specifically, weā€™ll make sure thereā€™s enough time in the integration environment after the code freeze ā€“ thatā€™s something we missed this time around. You guys were spot on about how crucial that is for tool readiness. And yeah, weā€™ll be increasing the time on testnet, just like you recommended.

Once again, I really appreciate all your valuable input, and I canā€™t wait to see what we can achieve together as we continue working on Starknet :muscle:t5:

Cheers,
Tom

1 Like

thanks for the salvation have a nice day

Thank you so much for pointing me to the right places with your previous response. Highly appreciated!

Regarding security, I wonder if there are any more bug bounties apart from the ones on immunefi? Also, it might be beneficial to display the audits that have been done already and for which parts of the protocol.

In your perspective how could the buildersā€™ collective also participate in the future when it comes to security?

Voted for - itā€™s been a while since weā€™re preparing for this update, its necessary to enhance the performance

Voted for- glad to see another milestone we achieved. Iā€™m looking forward to the upgrade! Cario will bring a whole new world to blockchain.

I voted ā€œforā€ because I believe this is a solid step forward in the positive direction for the future of decentralization on starknet.

I donā€™t have the right to vote, but Iā€™m still here to vote for you. Cario is a very important upgrade. Starknet governs what it feels like to be on this journey together.

I agree on the Security side, we expect more transparency regarding this. We didnā€™t feel like we had sufficient information to provide an opinion on this matter, in the future should audit reports be provided to us we can review them and vote accordingly on the matter.

Thank you very much for your answer Tom, we trust you to make the right adjustments. Weā€™ll look forward to the next vote!

Sylve, on behalf of the Buildersā€™ Council

Big step for descentralization. Iā€™m really enjoying the transparency of Starknetā€™s governance

I donā€™t have the right to vote yet, but Iā€™m still here to vote for you.

Definitely a For even though Iā€™m a little late in these discussion. However, I believe by establishing on Goerli testnet, Starknet will able to become more transparent and can engage more with the users as many projects are built up and used goerli testnet. Also, the upgrade enables the community to have governance vote and become more decentralization. I just do not know when we will have our own vote for the governance.
Looking forward for big news on Starknet!
It a long journey so keep building <3