We are excited to share that the next vote on Starknet protocol upgrade is just around the corner. Starknet Alpha v0.13.0 deployment schedule is as follows:
- November 20th, 2023: Goerli Integration
- December 12th, 2023: Goerli Testnet
- December 13th, 2023: Sepolia Integration and Testnet
- January 10th, 2024: Mainnet
Starknet v0.13.0 focuses on 2 aspects: It lays the groundwork for a new transaction version, v3, and it will facilitate a significant reduction to transaction fees.
You can find more information in the Community Forum post Starknet v0.13.0: Support for Fee Payment in STRK, Reduced Transaction Fees and in the Starknet release notes.
In order to have sufficient time to test this version on testnet and reach a knowledgeable decision about the version’s approval, we propose the following vote timeframe:
- Test voting period (3 days): The test vote’s duration, December 28-31, 2023
- Voting period (5 days): The vote’s duration, January 4-8, 2024
- Freeze period (1 day): The number of days between the vote’s conclusion and applying the decision on Mainnet, January 9th, 2024
- Deploy on Mainnet: January 10th, 2024
We are extremely excited to introduce the new Starknet Governance Hub, where the community propose, debate and vote on the direction of Starknet. The upcoming v0.13.0 vote and the delegation process will be performed on the Governance Hub. Here is a little sneak peek:
For more information about how to vote via the Hub, click this link.
For more information about how to delegate your voting power, click this link.
Existing delegates: If you have already created a delegate profile in the past, your profile is imported to the Starknet Governance Hub. All you need to do is go to the Governance Hub, connect your wallet, review and approve your profile.
New delegates: If you want to become a Starknet delegate and you haven’t created a delegate profile yet, please create a new delegate profile directly through the Governance Hub by connecting your wallet and clicking the Create delegate profile button on the Delegates page. Click this link for further instructions.
If you have any questions feel free to respond to this post, or email email@example.com.
Starknet Governance Committee