Starknet Foundation delegation for the first vote

Voting can happen only after tokens are launched.

4 Likes

StarkNet ecological development and community governance are progressing steadily. Thanks to the project target party, developers and community status quo players for their hard work, let us witness a more complete StarkNet together.

5 Likes

Hey guys, there’s an issue on phone wallet where i cannot scroll down to be able to connect my wallet to the website. Would it be possible if that cannot be fixed to include a wallet connect option for the pc version of the website? Thank you!

4 Likes

Not evryone is able to vote.

3 Likes

To promote greater decentralization and a more diverse range of perspectives, I believe that it’s important to have a pool of delegates with equal influence and representation. However, I understand that in some projects, the voting process can become biased and unfair, leading to concerns about a lack of transparency and equal representation.

Given this, I hope that StarkNet will take into account the need for a fair and transparent delegate selection process. This might involve implementing measures to prevent any unfair voting practices, such as introducing clear criteria for selection and establishing an impartial oversight committee to ensure that the selection process is free from any bias.

Ultimately, I believe that fostering a community of engaged and passionate stakeholders will be critical to the success of the project. By providing opportunities for diverse voices to be heard and respected, we can create a more inclusive and equitable ecosystem that benefits everyone involved.

3 Likes

@DevenMat thanks for sharing. I have voted on the first snapshot test.

I see that there will be a vote happening already on the 21st. Where is that being discussed? Do we have a process for governance?

I have seen that usually proposals get discussed on forums, twitter spaces and then when there is some sort of soft consensus that’s when the community should vote.

Excited to be part of the delegates and super pumped to learn and contribute more to this vibrant community.

5 Likes

Happy to hear it! We will open up a dedicated forum thread to discuss the v0.11.0 upgrade on Starknet mainnet shortly after Starknet Goerli testnet is upgraded. A 6 day official snapshot vote will open around the same time.

8 Likes

It’s a big step forward, the decentralization of the protocol can begin! goooood!

3 Likes

What conditions must be met to vote?

3 Likes

please how can i get the voting power to participate in the vote??

3 Likes

I read it.his is well detailed. It’s time to make starknet great by helping contribute to shaping the future of starknet.
I was picked, I’m very excited to be given this opportunity.

5 Likes

StarkNet is an incredibly innovative and powerful platform that has the potential to revolutionize the way we think about decentralized applications. Its unique combination of scalability, security, and flexibility make it an ideal solution for a wide range of use cases, from gaming and social media to finance and beyond.

One of the things that really sets StarkNet apart is its use of zero-knowledge proofs, which allow for secure, trustless transactions without the need for a central authority. This makes it a perfect fit for applications that require high levels of security and privacy, such as financial transactions or voting systems.

In addition to its technical capabilities, StarkNet also benefits from a highly talented and dedicated development team that is committed to pushing the boundaries of what is possible with blockchain technology. This team has already made great strides in advancing the state of the art, and I have no doubt that they will continue to do so in the years to come.

All in all, StarkNet is a truly impressive platform that represents the cutting edge of decentralized application development. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for this exciting technology!

2 Likes

I believe that this proposal is a significant milestone for the StarkNet community that can drive its growth and enhance its governance transparency and reliability. I wholeheartedly support this proposal, as electing representatives for the StarkNet Foundation will help ensure that community voices are heard and assist in advancing important decisions. Additionally, I believe that this proposal embodies the decentralized and democratic principles of the StarkNet community, which are among our community’s most crucial values. I am looking forward to seeing the implementation of this proposal and excited to see how it will further propel the StarkNet community forward.

to da moon!
It is likely that the Foundation’s decisions regarding selecting delegates are not flawless. It is possible that talented and excellent community members were not chosen, while less suitable delegates were.

It is truly a significant milestone that we have reached. With the implementation of decentralized protocols, we can now begin the process of distributing power and control across the network. This is a crucial step forward in ensuring greater transparency, security, and autonomy for all users. Decentralization not only minimizes the risks of central points of failure and single points of control, but also empowers individuals to take ownership of their data and transactions. We look forward to the exciting opportunities and possibilities that lie ahead as we embark on this new era of decentralized protocol.

I think at an early stage important technical decisions should be made by the team, not the community. At a minimum, there should be complete information about the importance of making a decision. Not all community members understand the essence of voting.

I think this project is very promising in the future.
By allowing delegates to build a clear history of governance activity and participation over the coming months- there will be more data to analyze delegates when the token becomes available to the wider community.

Just for clarity, as stated in the post, being a Starknet delegate will not qualify individuals for any token distribution.

Thats a great point, that was kind of a problem for optimism and arbitrum, not really knowing how a delegate may act before you delegate and just having to take their word for it isnt the best. Now we can see how the core contributors will actually act…much better solution!

Feedback related to https://delegate.starknet.io/ UI

I was honored to represent first batch of delegate from the Foundation which is clearly visible on UI but voting weight and snapshot pct. is blank.

Is it because I am using safe wallet to vote ?

Address if anyone want to look into it - 0x65CBfc6845c780c03D8D0313f36f470608f9A4a5

Hi, I am posting here in case this is a better home for my question :slight_smile:

On the Starknet Delegate page, my voting power (for StarkRoss.eth) is displayed at <0.01% despite having 7.04M delegated tokens. Should this number instead match the number that is displayed for other delegates that have the same amount of tokens? (0.14%)

Thanks!

Ross