Starknet Foundation delegation for the first vote

Thanks for reporting, we’re checking it.

9 Likes

Can you link/screenshot the address that was able to vote twice?

11 Likes

As an ordinary user, do “vote delegators” have any practical significance?

5 Likes

actually there’s not bug but I was quite misled by the snapshot interface where you can keep voting while only the last vote is taken into account

8 Likes

It’s actually interesting to hear opinions on how the team plans to deal with the main problem with the DAO, which is that 1% of the whales vote, and in fact as it stands now, it’s not decentralization. In my opinion, the way Optimism went (where they add even more oil to the fire) is a road to nowhere.

I really hope that StrakNet will not go that way!

6 Likes

If they own tokens or receive delegations, yes.

7 Likes

The Karma team has been able to reproduce the issue, this is their comment:

I was able to reproduce, the issue is when they have multiple browser wallets like metamask and phantom. Quick fix is for them to disable other wallets but we are trying to find a solution

5 Likes

It is expected that ordinary community members can also participate in the governance as soon as possible

5 Likes

How can we delegate?

4 Likes

It’s encouraging to hear that you view the community’s current circumstances and its decentralisation tenets favourably. The adage “quality over quantity” applies to many facets of life, including blockchain technology.

It’s also encouraging to learn that you think strong ties between the neighbourhood and Starknet’s creators will be advantageous. Each sector must work together to flourish successfully, and the Ethereum community.

The Ethereum community actively engaged in testing, a crucial stage in the creation of any system. through the community’s ongoing assistance and involvement.

6 Likes

Voting can happen only after tokens are launched.

4 Likes

StarkNet ecological development and community governance are progressing steadily. Thanks to the project target party, developers and community status quo players for their hard work, let us witness a more complete StarkNet together.

5 Likes

Hey guys, there’s an issue on phone wallet where i cannot scroll down to be able to connect my wallet to the website. Would it be possible if that cannot be fixed to include a wallet connect option for the pc version of the website? Thank you!

4 Likes

Not evryone is able to vote.

3 Likes

To promote greater decentralization and a more diverse range of perspectives, I believe that it’s important to have a pool of delegates with equal influence and representation. However, I understand that in some projects, the voting process can become biased and unfair, leading to concerns about a lack of transparency and equal representation.

Given this, I hope that StarkNet will take into account the need for a fair and transparent delegate selection process. This might involve implementing measures to prevent any unfair voting practices, such as introducing clear criteria for selection and establishing an impartial oversight committee to ensure that the selection process is free from any bias.

Ultimately, I believe that fostering a community of engaged and passionate stakeholders will be critical to the success of the project. By providing opportunities for diverse voices to be heard and respected, we can create a more inclusive and equitable ecosystem that benefits everyone involved.

3 Likes

@DevenMat thanks for sharing. I have voted on the first snapshot test.

I see that there will be a vote happening already on the 21st. Where is that being discussed? Do we have a process for governance?

I have seen that usually proposals get discussed on forums, twitter spaces and then when there is some sort of soft consensus that’s when the community should vote.

Excited to be part of the delegates and super pumped to learn and contribute more to this vibrant community.

5 Likes

Happy to hear it! We will open up a dedicated forum thread to discuss the v0.11.0 upgrade on Starknet mainnet shortly after Starknet Goerli testnet is upgraded. A 6 day official snapshot vote will open around the same time.

8 Likes

It’s a big step forward, the decentralization of the protocol can begin! goooood!

3 Likes

What conditions must be met to vote?

3 Likes

please how can i get the voting power to participate in the vote??

3 Likes