Starknet Foundation delegation for the first vote

Can i delegate my vote to myself or just to selected delegates?

9 Likes

Thanks for the team’s full efforts and contributions, it’s a big step forward, the decentralization of the protocol can begin!

10 Likes

Yes I support you too friend, the team really puts a lot of effort and contributes to the development of the entire ecosystem Starknet

9 Likes

Yes you can self delegate.

8 Likes

I don’t have $STRK . How do I support my Delegate? Giving voting rights to Delegates?

11 Likes

Every delegate should be able to vote, that would be the fair voting process. As no one has tokens yet.

8 Likes

No $STRK in circulation yet. This selection of some delegates is just for testing of governance process and tools. Definitely $STRK will be airdropped in the coming days, or weeks or months.

10 Likes

Kudos, love the clarity and openness here.

Experience so far is smooth, was able to vote using safe, delegate page looks smooth and filter option was a nice touch.

edit - One thing i would like do and promote is open and inclusive governance and to do so, would like to create and manage a dedicated thread with my voting rational and thoughts in general as mentioned in my delegate commitment.

where should I create such thread, under governance category ?

8 Likes

More voices with equal clout, in my opinion, are required for improved decentralisation. I sincerely hope that StarkNet would take this into consideration when establishing the final pool of delegates because, as experience with other projects has shown, this can become a problem and the vote can occasionally become unfair.:hatched_chick:

9 Likes

Should be resolved. We are actively addressing issues that arise on the delegate discovery page. Thank you for raising this and having patience.

12 Likes

There is no need to delegate to yourself (but you still can). If you hold tokens, you natively have the voting power associated with them, unless you chose to delegate to an external address.

Also a note, joining the delegate pool via the delegate profile forum thread is completely a formality to become discoverable. It is completely possible to delegate to any address, regardless of them posting on the forum or being visible on the delegate discovery page.

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We are supportive of delegates using the forum to easily document their voting history and rational.

As of now, the governance category would be the place, but this runs the risk of cluttering the category which should mostly be used for discussing proposal and meta governance (as there are over 500 delegates who’ve written in delegate profile thread).

Thoughts on opening a separate forum category for this? Something like “Delegates”. Happy to explore different options.

12 Likes

By the way, I would also suggest doing a rotation of delegates by test vote, that way there will be more opportunity to involve more Starknet followers, and the delegation system will be tested much better.

7 Likes

I don’t think the selection process for test votes needs explicit criteria, as that would lead to an unnecessary amount of people coming in to pharmacize the possibility of these votes.

I didn’t get elected as a delegate either, but it doesn’t matter if it’s more healthy for the system. Let the foundation itself decide based on activity and engagement, which is what they mentioned in the post.

11 Likes

They created a test token on the Goerli network and are voting with it. Once the system is up and running, the Foundation will begin the decentralization process.

10 Likes
  • Will ordinary users be able to vote in the future
7 Likes

Feedback: Pls assist to have a check on this error on delegate page, thx.

8 Likes

It’s great to hear that you have a positive opinion about the current state of the Ethereum community and its principles of decentralization. Quality over quantity is certainly a principle that can be applied to many aspects of life, including blockchain technology.

It’s also encouraging to hear that you believe the development of strong ties between the community and the developers of Starknet will be beneficial. Collaboration is a key component of successful development in any field, and the Ethereum community is no exception.

The testing process is indeed an important phase in the development of any technology, and it’s great to see that the Ethereum community is actively involved in this process. With the continued support and participation of the community, there is no doubt that the Ethereum ecosystem will continue to grow and evolve in exciting ways.

So, let’s continue to build and innovate together!

9 Likes

Feedback Update: can open delegate page now, but when I clicking on ‘Connect wallet’ there’s no response from Metamask extension.

5 Likes

Feedback: it’s possible to vote several times though one single vote seems to be eventually accounted

9 Likes