Tl;dr - Is your app deployed on Starknet mainnet or testnet? Apply for an “early adopter” grant!
We’re excited to announce the Early Adopter Grants (EAG) committee, a committee established by the Starknet Foundation (reminder: What is the Starknet Foundation?).
The purpose of the EAG committee is to provide an early boost to the Starknet ecosystem via actual on-chain deployments. The committee was given the mandate to operate until June 30, 2023.
Note that this committee focuses solely on grants to projects with on-chain activity. We acknowledge that many early builders on Starknet made significant contributions to the ecosystem through off-chain infrastructure (for example, building developer tools or Cairo libraries). Those will be addressed by the Starknet Foundation through other channels. For more information, see the following post: The Starknet Foundation: Meet the Committees.
Since Starknet launched on mainnet (Nov. 2021), the network has undergone major developments and milestones. This progress was made possible thanks to the early adopters of Starknet, who have been building through numerous breaking changes and provided invaluable feedback to the core development team.
The mandate of the EAG committee is to make an initial distribution of STRK tokens to early builders of on-chain applications on Starknet. Our goal with this token allocation is to allow early builders to participate in the operation of the network, through staking and voting.
The committee’s budget is up to 10,000,000 STRK tokens, which will be distributed to projects through multiple rounds.
Today, we kick off the first round of EAG token grants.
⏳ Overview of Process and Timelines
- Project applications: March 22, 2023 (Today, 4PM GMT) - April 5, 2023 (4PM GMT)
- Decision by the committee:
April 13, 2023May 11, 2023
🌹 Scope and process for this round
We encourage applications by projects that are actively building on-chain apps on Starknet at the time of this announcement, and that have already done a significant amount of work in the Starknet ecosystem. Additionally:
- For this round, we focus on apps already deployed on Starknet mainnet or one of the testnets.
We require projects to open-source their Starknet contracts and verify them on block explorers.
Selected projects will be given points based on 4 criteria:
- Innovation (1-5 points)
- Importance to Starknet’s ecosystem (1-5 points)
- Starknet activity to date (1-5 points)
- Team size and amount of effort (1-3 points)
Each point contributes 10,000 STRK tokens to the size of the grant.
For example, a project that received 10 points in total, will be eligible for a grant size of 100,000 tokens.
In addition, the EAG committee has the discretion to deviate from this framework and limit the number of tokens granted to projects initiated by StarkWare, or projects that have already received significant financial support StarkWare or the Starknet Foundation.
- The EAG committee members will (1) review all applications, (2) decide on eligible projects and (3) decide on the grant size according to the point system mentioned above.
- EAG committee members may consult with additional advisors, or reach out directly to projects for more information.
- All grant decisions will eventually become public, but not necessarily at the time of granting. For the time being, the EAG committee will publish the list of eligible projects, and will share the grant amounts privately with eligible projects.
Token distribution process:
- Projects that are already deployed on mainnet by the decision deadline (April 5, 2023) will be immediately eligible for 100% of their token grant.
- Projects that are deployed on testnet but not on mainnet on the decision deadline will be eligible for 25% of their token grant. The remaining 75% will be distributed up to 2 months after mainnet deployment.
- Token distribution process will be individually coordinated with the contact people of each applying project.
- Tokens will be subject to lockup and vesting, decided by the Starknet Foundation.
✨ How to Apply
To apply, please describe your project as a reply to this post:
Note that this thread will be moderated and will include only project applications. Other comments will be removed.
Things to consider:
- Please apply only once, and don’t send applications on behalf of other projects.
- Applications without a verified GitHub or Twitter account, or verified Starknet contracts, will be removed from the thread.
Application deadline for round #1 is April 5, 2023, 4PM GMT.
We welcome community feedback and we aim to improve this process from round to round. Please don’t hesitate to express your feedback - or ask any questions - as comments on this thread: Community feedback on Round #1 of Early Adopter Grants (EAG)
if you can not reply here in the forum, please write to: earlyadoptergrantsATstarknetfoundation.org