ITU Blockchain stands as the first and biggest university-based blockchain community in Turkey. ITU Blockchain serves as a delegate in numerous protocols, each time operating independently for specific proposals. Starknet is one of the protocols that we currently hold 2.56M delegate tokens of voting power.
Recently, TobbyKitty, a member of the Builder Council, announced that he will no longer support Starknet. Then the Lambda Class team announced, we couldn’t add a link because the tweet was deleted, that they would be leaving Starknet entirely. Thereupon, another Builder Council member, Sylve, suggested that a team of 40 people gather under the General Assembly after discussing these issues.
Sylve shared the proposal of the General Assembly event in the Core Stars group. The proposal is included as a Google Docs. He also created a Telegram group so that people can give feedback.
Also in the shared proposal “Accommodation, food, transportation, are covered by the Starknet Foundation.” phrase is included. It is also stated in the proposal that the event will not have any recordings or live broadcasts.
How these costs were met was asked in the Telegram group set up for the event. In the shared articles, it was revealed that the Starknet Foundation only has STRK tokens. In response, Sylve and Oli (a.k.a. Odin Free) said that the Starknet Foundation has fiat money loans.
We request that the following questions be answered, assuming that the Starknet Foundation should be completely transparent, and we welcome your contribution to the discussion.
- Why wasn’t an event for which costs will be covered by the Starknet Foundation not shared on the forum? Why not seek governance approval to cover these costs?
- Is the Starknet Foundation a legal entity?
- If a fiat money loan was taken, what was used as collateral?
- Where were the assets shown as collateral transferred to Starknet Foundation?
- Is there any financial relationship between Starknet Foundation and StarkWare?
- Has Starknet Foundation ever sold STRK tokens live on Ethereum via OTC for this event?
- Were STRK tokens used collaterally to obtain fiat money loans?
We think that the answers to all these questions should be answered by the management team within the Starknet Foundation. We need to achieve this transparency if we want to make Starknet more decentralized and neutral.