Starknet Node- What is node?

guys i have a quesiton, what is node but i mean really, what is node? Please answer like i am 5, cause i’m trying to teach my young brother.

12 Likes

A StarkNet node is a software program that runs on a computer and connects to the StarkNet network, allowing users to interact with and deploy smart contracts on the network. One of the key advantages of using StarkNet is its scalability. By offloading most of the computation to off-chain Stark proofs, StarkNet can support a much higher transaction throughput than the Ethereum mainnet. Additionally, because StarkNet is built on top of Ethereum, it inherits the security and decentralization of the Ethereum network. StarkNet nodes play a critical role in the operation of the network by processing and verifying transactions and smart contracts. They also participate in consensus by contributing to the creation of Stark proofs, which are used to validate the correctness of the computations performed by smart contracts.

Ser, so far the Starknet node does not process and validate transactions, the current version allows you to sync with the state of Starknet and get access to Starknet’s entire history,thank you

thanks for the clarification

Are there any incentives for Node operators? Ive had a node running for 2 months now :slight_smile:

Sorry ser, no rewards,usually we run nodes based on development and educational purposes,if you’re running pathfinder,please refer to the reply from their team:[SOLVED] Are there rewards for running a Pathfinder node?, thank you for your participation :handshake: