True DAO with an automated equal redistribution of delegated tokens Or Delegating token pool

I think that in true spirit of decentralization, we should consider having equal voting power between all delegators. Having delegators with 0 and delegators with 7,4m creates imbalance and in my opinion does not serve the purpose of a DAO. I see two possible options:

1. A system that automatically redistributes voting power equally between all delegators.
  2. Having a Delegating token pool - everyone can delegate to this pool. All registered delegators share equal voting power from the pool.

I know that this is a long shot, but this is the only way to have true decentralization. Chances are that delegators with a lot of voting power will only attract more votes/delegating tokens from users.

Having a few delegators with most of the voting power means that they can push any agenda they want. Make no mistake this is called - centralization. Weโ€™ve seen where this leads.

Hope this sparks productive discussion!

Mos out!

Providing reasoning for their decision would be one approach to encourage more open and transparent governance. By doing so the community could hold called out any bad actor, If they see bias in their decision

Nice approach. loved itโ€ฆ :heart: In fact, I believe a tokenized delegation system can not be decentralized perfectly as the money will be the center of it . :smirk:

Delegation is always an interesting topic in web3 world, and I believe the automated equal redistribution of delgated tokens is very important.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on decentralization and the potential issues with having a small number of delegators with a significant amount of voting power.

Both of the options you proposed could help promote greater decentralization within a DAO. The first option, redistributing voting power equally among all delegators, could be challenging to implement in practice, as it would require a system for constantly monitoring and adjusting the voting power of all delegators. However, it would ensure that no single delegator has an unfair advantage in decision-making.

On this topic, I agree it is an issue.
However, uniform, equal distribution of voting power would be easily sybil attacked in a permisionless delegate system.

SNF is temporarily delegating tokens to all individuals it recognizes as

1. Having made contributions to starknet in the past.
  2. Showing intimate understanding of L2 architecture and specifically equipped to handle, assess, and test starknet network upgrades. People falling into this category often are expected to show vast proof of past work.
  3. Having great experience in decentralized governance and expressed deep alignment with the mentioned goals of starknet governance. People falling into this category often are expected to show vast proof of past work.

It is most important to note, this is a temporary situation, and realistically the foundation will no longer see a need to act as a delegator when there is sufficient, decentralized distribution of the STRK token.