[ WYO ] What Happens After and Before THE AIRDROP

I agree that separation is a good idea. This will force the community to stay with the project. Perhaps even a separation like vesting, more then two steps. The airdrop of tokens on a monthly basis, subject to further use by the Starknet. In case of loss of activity, there will be a loss of airdrop

I have seen different posts in this forum of community members putting out thoughts on how Starknet should airdrop it’s tokens. My thinking is that this (these) area(s) is(are) not within the purview of any community members to propose as their is a foundation with this role. Most of what leads to disappointment or despondency among users when they miss eligibility criteria is the thought(s) most formed about how a project ought to distribute it’s token aided by this kind of writing . If the foundation did not ask for thought(s), don’t stress your self to write. We should wait for the Foundation to put out the eligibility criteria. Also I will wish one or two Foundation members every now and then write or reply to some posts.

There’re multiple ways, but it’s impossible to get rid/find out all sybils. These issue will always be around, until there would be kinda dApp that can track accounts + sub-accounts etc for tracking the activity.

If there will be rewards offered to the community or StarkNet users in the future, it is important to consider various criteria from different perspectives beyond just on-chain activity. These criteria could also include participation in community events, forum discussions, and more. Moreover, the rewards should be vested over time to discourage simple airdrop farming.

I agree with you, my only concern is to prevent multi-accounts and bots to farm that airdrop. I don’t know how it could be prevented technically but I believe the team will surprise us and won’t forget the early adopters!

I agree with all of them, but you seem to worry too much. Starknet is a very good project and even if the airdrop is distributed and a group sells quickly, the supporters of Starknet will continue to increase day by day.

:smiling_face: :clap:

After the Arbitrum drop, I continue to use their network, very actively. It all depends on the product

Yeah, because the $Arb token has utility, there’re bunch of great protocols deployed on Arbitrum.
So it always up to the community and ecosystem.
I mean I’m pretty sure with Starknet will be the same.
Users gonna use $STRK to vote/delegate and simply hoDl it.

starknet does not have any information about airdrop, please be careful with your assets. :warning:

There is no doubt that it is a pleasure to participate in the DAO discussions.

Anything, anyway for incentive of those communities is always positive. The real benefit is to let projects as well as communities stay. Either the tech is awesome or incentive is attractive. I expect Starknet will have both.

I agree with the 2 reward system…users and then holders who stay vested after some time…

Most of the platforms currently running on Starkex have rewarded their users. The important thing will be to encourage StarkNet users. Airdrops or other incentives are always very useful moves to build and retain community. However, while doing this, it is necessary to eliminate sybil users and identify real users. I hope the developer and negotiators will prioritize the security of the network and the cairo update before the airdrop issue.

Personally, I strongly agree that the airdrop rewards will be distributed in two batches. The first should be general rewards, such as any valid user and anyone who registers on the forum. Secondly, the second reward should be given to those users who will hold all or part of the airdrop after the release and be active in the forum or continue to use starknet loyally. hope this will come true

Great post! a lot of good info here

The airdrop strategy is a good thing for marketing and increasing product engagement for the project, as many of the grant recipients will try the ecosystem and make Starknet busier and invite more people to join.

However, it is necessary to select for this grant program because, many Sybil accounts only focus on airdrop farming, if my testnet criteria do not agree with the eligibility of airdrop recipients

I think if testnet criteria will be added to the future airdrop, definitely it will be not 1-3 txns on the testnet. It should be at least 10-20+ txns on testnet interactions, plus interactions with different dapps in ecosystem and deploying contracts as well I guess