Airdrop Time Proposal

:grinning:Currently, most discussions about airdrop are about criteria for various conditions, such as early supporters, loyal users, avoiding bots, and so on. However, the issue of airdrop time is rarely discussed, so I propose a proposal on airrop time:

1. The reasonable time is Q4, 2023, or later, because the total lockup volume and mature ecological app number of starknet are still small, and the app usage process also encounters issues of excessive gas and slower speed. Therefore, after polishing the product better, there will be more advantages in moving towards community governance.

2. The second option is Q3, 2023, or before. In this case, I think we can refer to Optimismā€™s airdrop method and promote the growth of the project, eco, and community through multiple rounds of incentives.

Welcome to discuss this issue together.

92 Likes

I would like to express my opinion that I am more inclined towards the second option of Q3, 2023 or before. I believe that multiple rounds of incentives can help to drive the growth of the project, ecosystem, and community, and it would be beneficial to start this process earlier rather than later.

However, I also understand the concerns around the current state of the product and ecosystem, and the need to polish it further before moving towards community governance.

Ultimately, I think it would be important to find a balance between these considerations and make a decision that is in the best interest of the project and its community.
:+1:

35 Likes

Worth discussing and voting on this proposal.

:parachute: [PROPOSAL] [VOTE ON POLL] Using testnet as multiplier too with mainnet interactions

19 Likes

As the competition of layer2 is so so great, two of the main chains, op and arb, have issued the govern and tokens, its important to drop the tokens and attract more users. Meantime, the ecos could also improved by the incentives.

16 Likes

My suggestion is Q3 of 2023, as we can not late to attract more users

14 Likes

Whether it is Q3 or Q4, it should not be later than the end of 2023, as more and more airdrop hunters are in crazely

12 Likes

OP and ARB has done the airdop, zkSync is on the way, so the pressure is on the shoulder of Starknet. So I believe Starknet should take the snapshot in Q2, 2023.

15 Likes

One guess in social media is, Starknet already taken the snapshot.

13 Likes

Maybe the snapshot is already taken before the proposal. :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Q3 is reasonable, as Q4 might be too late as more and more hunters are joining in, and we do not like hunters

11 Likes

I think Q4 is better, because we will have more and more dApps running on Starknet.

14 Likes

I think there are already some hunters since the project was lauched, waht the team should do is to avoid them or filter them.There will be also many new users joining the starknet in Q4.

11 Likes

It is more appropriate to take a snapshot in the second quarter of 2023, and release it in the third or fourth quarter. 2024 is destined to be a bull market

9 Likes

More airdrop hunters join will make stark more popular, but the strategy for airdrop distribution is difficult. It is best to take snapshots in stages. The earlier participating users get a higher weight after taking snapshots, and subsequent non-sorceress users can still get snapshots Obtain airdrops, but the relative weight is relatively low

11 Likes

Honestly, starknet has to build an ecosystem first, like the Arbitrum did. Then and only then we can talk about TGE and airdrop.

11 Likes

:email: Great, hopefully we can release the airdrop in Q2 or Q3

8 Likes

I believe multiple rounds would be the best as people would be incentivized to stick longer. Even airdrop farmers can be beneficial. They jump from opportunity to opportunity without loyalty to any particular project. Why not to ā€œuseā€ this and create multiple opportunities for them.
They still help to draw public attention to the project.
They still test some parts of the ecosystem with various strategies (they donā€™t know the aidrop rules in advance)

9 Likes

It is only worth discussing this issue when the network performance and number of users reach at least 50% of other L2 solutions.

7 Likes

I guess the best is to airdrop by late 2023, and about the airdrop, they are gonna reward dev with $STARK, starting during this spring.

6 Likes

I think the second option is more reasonable. In contrast with other L2, like Arb,op and Zksync, the eco-system on Starknet is not abundat. I think it can adopt the OPā€™s method to promot the growth of the eco-system.

7 Likes