Airdrop proposal

It is necessary to weed out, but not those who do not keep funds in the balance. Security of storage of funds should be in the first place. It’s the same if the exchanges say “we block users who do not keep money on the spot.” Crypto is when “started, made a transaction, withdrawn”. So it’s not fair to force people to store funds in an unsafe place!!!

19 Likes

2 / 2

I fully agree with your fourth point. Node runners are some of the first to enter projects and support them with their own resources and time for a long period. In this case, I have been running a node for more than 10 months, paying for it out of my own pocket, and spending time ensuring the node’s functionality and maintenance (updates), but often such participants are not included in incentive programs. The StarkNet team openly stated in their Discord that we NODE RUNNERS make an invaluable contribution to the development of the project and help other project participants. Therefore, I believe that node runners should not be left out and should be included in the incentive program. Thank you.

18 Likes

My vision for a possible distribution for early adopters

I think the airdrop should be divided into several parts, Ethereum wallets and Starknet wallets, past actions and future actions

Past activities

Ethereum addresses (all items are desirable to complete)

1. Starknet Bridge users

2. Snapshot voters

3. 0.05 ethereum holders in the main network (I understand that even active users may not have such a number at a certain moment, so some average value over the period is needed)

4. At least 50 transactions on the Ethereum main network

5. The first transaction on the Ethereum network was made before the launch of the Starknet mainnet

Possible conditions:

1. Gitcoin donators (Gitcoin passport gives an advantage)

2. Immutable bridge users (Ethereum mainnet)

3. There may be some kind of reward for burned gas in the Ethereum network

Starknet addresses:

1. Early developers of projects for Starknet (I think we need to distribute tokens with locks for early projects)

2. Users with more than 100 $ equivalent on wallets with more than 10-20 transactions.

3. Transactions of various types (Mint NFT, Swap, Adding liquidity, buying and selling NFT)

4. Transactions on the Starknet network in at least 5 different weeks and 3 different months

5. More than 0.01 Ether spent on gas in the Starknet network (perhaps a bonus)

Future Actions on Starknet

Following the example of Optimism is a good option for network growth. I would focus on bonuses for users who are not whales and can operate in amounts from 100 to 10,000 dollars. For example, so that there is no situation when almost all bonuses for providing liquidity are taken by a couple of whales with several million dollars. :whale:

26 Likes

I only have $10 worth of ETH, but I am a real person. If moderators want to prevent witchcraft, they can create tasks such as enabling camera verification. The verification data can be hosted by facial recognition systems, which do not violate privacy.

19 Likes

I agree with most of what you said. Also have a little point of my own at 2 and 3.
In my opinion, real users should use starknet’s dApp (more than once), instead of using $50 as a threshold. Because the starknet network already has the highest gas cost in L2, the cost of interaction is greater than the cost of depositing $50. We need some pioneers to use the network and participate in defi, nft, etc. They are more real users, at least rewards for exploration.

17 Likes
  1. Provide specific details on the number of mainnet users and their activity levels. This information could be gathered by tracking how many times users accessed the mainnet over different timeframes, as well as their active days or weeks. This could help in identifying potential airdrop recipients who are currently active on the network.
  2. Consider the activity and behavior of the StarkNet community users. These users are likely to be early adopters of the StarkNet protocol and could also serve as potential airdrop recipients. By monitoring their engagement levels, you can identify those who are most committed to the project and are likely to take action with their airdropped tokens.
  3. Set specific and achievable participation goals. In addition to overall participation conditions, it may be useful to set specific goals or requirements for participation, such as a minimum number of transactions or a certain amount of tokens held. This could help incentivize users to take more actions on the network and provide additional benefits to the project.

By including these additional details and specific goals in the plan, the proposed airdrop could be more successful in achieving its intended goals and driving engagement within the StarkNet community.

27 Likes

Well, this proposal seems a bit close to Okay to me, but you’ve actually excluded the real people, users of DYDX and similar, who are laying the groundwork for what Starkware is building now.

14 Likes

Support this! I especially think point 3 is very valuable.

9 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:it’s upto to delegates to decide.

10 Likes

nice community…weed out Sybil

10 Likes

That’s right, I think so too. Your idea is very good.

10 Likes

I cant agree more.
We should also consider new users accordingly.

[image]

13 Likes

The StarkNet airdrop is a way to distribute the native token, STARK, to the community and incentivize users to participate in the network. However, the distribution of the token should be fair and transparent to avoid centralization and manipulation of the system.

To ensure the fairness and transparency of the StarkNet airdrop, the governance should be decentralized and community-driven. The community should have a say in the allocation of tokens and the decision-making process.

One way to achieve this is through a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) where token holders can vote on proposals and participate in the governance of the project. The DAO should be open to anyone to join, and the voting process should be transparent and secure.

Furthermore, the governance should prioritize the long-term sustainability of the project rather than short-term gains. The token allocation should be based on the contribution to the network, such as staking, providing liquidity, or building on the platform, rather than the size of the wallet.

Overall, I believe that the governance of the StarkNet airdrop is crucial for the success of the project. By ensuring fairness, transparency, and sustainability, the community can build a strong and decentralized network that benefits all stakeholders.

13 Likes

i support your opinion 1-4 and the last phase,we should focus on starknet rather other chains or donation.

12 Likes

So far this particular proposal continues to stand out from the rest that have been written with regards to what the airdrop to the starknet community should be like.
This was well thought out.

9 Likes

It seems that the third creteria of ‘Take a picture of those who have more than a certain amount in dollar’ is not easy to do, and the airdrop proposal should be easy to follow and easy to execute.

9 Likes

My opnion is, to have at least one transaction on the mainnet should be one creteria

12 Likes

To take part in the testnet of starknet can also be considered as one creteria

11 Likes

You are just being even more bias by saying users of starknet mainnet alpha should be ignored until a later date.

Using the starknet bridge in its early days was a pure risk to the extent deposits was gated and limited to a certain cap, infact the warning was there.

So if people took the risk to invest in the success of mainnet alpha by using real funds to stress test the network despite the risks involved they deserve same priority as those who have previously used other starkware products.

Infact what is the argument here? What token are we launching? Isn’t it starknet token? What is the core ethos of web3? The starknet community are by right the users of starknet!

Thank you Victormark12 I support this view

11 Likes

Not just judge Sybils by left assets , NFTs also. I’m a real user and deposited about 200$ , but buy lots of NFTs of Briq .I have no money left in my account. But I have valued NFTs and Txs. these are important too if there’s a incentive plan. Hope will judge from lots of aspects.

10 Likes