Don't eliminate real users to catch sybil

Your situation seems to be more of an unintentional circumstance than intentional airdrop hunting with multiple wallets. You apparently installed different wallets out of curiosity and preference, not with the explicit goal of maximizing airdrop rewards. If an airdrop were to occur, the key factor in determining whether you are considered an airdrop hunter is the intent behind creating and using multiple wallets. However, itā€™s important to note that no one but the team and creators know the criteria for eligibility, and the definition of an airdrop hunter can vary.

My personal opinion on multiple wallets is that it shouldnā€™t matter to devs. If I have 1 wallet and do 100 txns, or 10 wallets with 10 txns, it really is the same thing in terms of number of txns and volume. Because users and/or airdrop farmers will be limited by their funds for gas fees. The only unfair issue I find are those who are using bots to farm 100+ wallets because they arenā€™t really putting in the same time/energy/effort as regular users/real farmers with less wallets. Filter out the farming bots, but everyone elseā€™s multiple wallets should be fair game. Even Arbitrum allowed 20 connected wallets as a sybil criteria because they probably knew itā€™s natural to have multiple connected wallets, especially to explore other non-evm ecosystems (Aptos, Solana, Cosmos, etc). Lastly, what if we created Gnosis Safe wallets and these newly Account Abstraction wallets and connected all of these to our Metamask wallet. It really adds up and wouldnā€™t be fair to disqualify users based on this. Iā€™ve been a Stark user for over 1 year using Argent and Braavos wallet.

I feel you. That is Arbitrum, Starknet might be different unless if the team decided to airdrop their community with a huge allocation and believe the community will channel back the airdrop allocation into the ecosystem.

I think since your cluster is so small, it may not even be picked upā€¦

IP detection is unwise, kyc is a joke inside the crypto space and I think the team will have a better solution.

Hi
for me you are not an airdrop hunter. You have the right to have 2 or even 3 different wallets and to do tests to realize that you are more comfortable with one than the others.
a person can be in your case and lose their seed and recreate another wallet and start the adventure again.
letā€™s even imagine the case where a couple or a family are passionate about starknet and therefore they all use the same IP address, how can we dissociate that they are not sybil?
I think we need to find a happy medium with IP addresses because this can penalize the cases that I just mentioned previouslyā€¦
I think that the activities of bots with several wallets are easily identifiable and therefore eliminated automatically.
it would just be necessary to limit the IP addresses per household (ex: 5) and reward the different activities with levels to separate the most active from the least active.
there is a real reflection to be had on the subject. firmness is needed in certain cases and flexibility in other cases. What is the solution? the reflection together and the debates that this space offers initially :wink:

In fact, with Ethereumā€™s TX records and Starknetā€™s balance, we can efficiently exclude sybils.

I have heard that there are thousands or even tens of thousands of Starknetā€™s sybils. They are all transferred to Starknet through CEX. Their TX records on other EVMs are empty because they have a lot of accounts, and the cost is huge. So their balance in each Starknet account will not exceed 50u.

For example, hundreds of Starknetā€™s sybils use new wallets on Ethereum. Their TX only includes the ETH transferred from CEX and cross-chain to Starknet. After that, they no longer carry out any activities on L1.

These two points can filter out more than 90% of sybils.

I am in a similar situationā€¦ I started to use Argent X, then Braavos and lately also Argent mobile. And I like both wallets since they offer different interesting campaigns.
So, in case of hypothetical rewards I would prefer to take it in one of my wallets rather then to be disqualified for Sybil activity.
Maybe to link addresses into the same Proof of humanity profile might be a good idea.

personally to me, i think sybils can be caught in many other ways then just seeing if there are multiple wallets. Ok, 20 wallets moving money constantly between each other are obvious, but please dont tell me you guys dont use at least 5 different wallets at all times. Because i definitely do, not on StarkNet atm though, because there are not too many dApps to start diversifyng. On Ethereum and a few other EVM chains i constantly use different wallets, depending on what i am using it for. For example, one wallet is used mostly for gaming/NFTs, one is for long term, one is ledger, one is for testing stuff (never have almost any money there, but very active wallet, see my point?), one i use for sniping only (MAESTRO) etc.
Am i a sybil? Whats the purpose of even adding more wallets to MetaMask, for example, then?

As i mentioned before, right now i only have Argent X and Argent mobile wallet on StarkNet, because there is no need for more. Especially mobile, honestly i see no use of it at this moment, i did actually install it when i first tried to explore zkSync actually (weird no? :smiley: )

All in all, i believe there are much better ways to catch sybils

Most people overthink sybil detection because of psy-ops spread for interactions on twitter.

Youā€™re not considerated sybil for a 4 addresses cluster with no similar activity, source of funding, regular interaction between one another etcā€¦

Sybil is from 15 to +4000 addresses cluster.
Stop worrying for nothi,g.

not good idea
is not what crypto and decentralization acting for.
the KYC is made to bring the wolf in the fold right ?

or they can destroy proof of humanity without communicate with any state ever ?

Ethereumā€™s transaction records and Starknetā€™s balance provide us with a powerful tool to efficiently identify and exclude sybil accounts.

1. Starknet Sybils: Starknet reportedly hosts thousands, if not tens of thousands, of sybil accounts. These accounts are primarily transferred from centralized exchanges (CEXs) to Starknet. Due to the high cost, their transaction records on other EVMs remain empty. Consequently, their balances on Starknet accounts typically do not exceed 50u.
  2. Activity Patterns: Many Starknet sybils create new wallets on Ethereum. Their transactions involve only ETH transferred from CEXs, which is then cross-chained to Starknet. After this initial transfer, they cease any further activity on Layer 1 (L1).

By considering these two factors, we can effectively filter out over 90% of sybil accounts.

Read a bit of history in this topic, a good solution for sure can be the 20+ GP
but regard fund 2 different (braavos and Argent) from 1 EVM i suppose is not a bad thing

Hi, youā€™re right. In addition to Argent, I also used Braavos for a period, to test its functionality and understand which of the two wallets was right for me. In this way would I be sybil just because I wanted to experiment to choose the best wallet? Absurd!

I do not think. I did the same I used Bravos and Argent to work on starknet, But I worked also with MM , Keplr and Solana for DYM and they ā€™ ve got me the airdrop . I think is normal, the unsually be if we do not enter in this airdrop

I usually use two wallets, Braavos and argentX, those two wallet arenā€™t the same thing. Argentx allows you to do different things from braavos, I have almost always used argentX, while to do a multisig I had to use Braavos. The same campaigns promoted by Starknet, for the promotion of the two wallets, invited the use of the two different wallets, and now I also have to worry about being able to get back to Sybil?? Letā€™s not joke about it, sybils are other things. In my opinion If that were the case, Starknet would be contradicting itself.

Hi I think itā€™s a situation that has happened to everyone, I also made a transaction from my metamask wallet to an Argent wallet and a Braavos, to figure out which one Iā€™m better off with Iā€™ll have to try them out or not? I then continued to use both of them not for the purpose of receiving a double airdrop but also because the two wallets have different functions for which I feel it is right to continue to use both of them, not for that I would like to be branded as sybil

If I am an early adopter, it seems normal for me to test the two main wallets of a chain. I therefore do not understand the criterion by which a user of Argent and Bravos should be classified as sybil. In my opinion, he should be rewarded instead, for testing the two most important wallets. I am a great believer in Starknet technology. I hope that these trifles do not cause me to lose faith in this project.

I think when over 10+ wallet are ā€œconnectedā€ itā€™s a red flag for the project. Under this number I donā€™t think there is a possibility to be a sybil, maybe using a Gitcoin creteria is one of the option the project has.

I believe it is normal to have used two wallets, Argent and Braavos.
On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with using two available ā€œapplicationsā€ā€¦ the fact that they are part of the same blockchain is a technical aspect.
For all other personal situations, I believe that if a person does not operate with a myriad of wallets, he cannot be considered a bot or a hunter.