Wide airdrop yes/no?

There are many airdrop threads here but they all assume there will be wide airdrop accessible to anyone in similar manner as Optimism or Arbitrum.

We can see that this type of airdrop attracts a lot of sybils that can phase out position of regular users.
Is it still worth to consider wide airdrop or just stick to rewarding very early users of for example Starkex as was probably previously planned?

What are your arguments for or against wide airdrop?

29 Likes

My opinion. It is necessary to widely distribute and give everyone the opportunity to earn.

5 Likes

Airdrops are also an important way to increase exposure

4 Likes

Wide airdrop is a possibility to earn big money for sybils BUT projects have to fight against such users and filter them. So wide airdrop is ok. The only problem is about eligible users criterias. DeBank and some other projects like gticoin passport can tell you more about sybil protection :wink:

8 Likes

Can you share more information here on how Debank and Gitcoin passport could help?

4 Likes

Great point! It’s important to carefully consider the potential drawbacks of a wide airdrop and weigh them against the benefits. Rewarding early adopters who have contributed to the ecosystem is definitely worth considering as well. Ultimately, it comes down to finding the right balance between incentivizing growth and maintaining the integrity of the network.

1 Like

DeBank was marking sybil accounts few moтths ago but community was rather angry about it and they removed these marks. Maybe there was another reason but anyway if they WERE ABLE to mark = they have sybil criteria and can apply/share this information to other projects.
As for Gitcoin pasport there are many data you have to give them to get a legit passport for donation.
This works against sybil accounts.

2 Likes

My opinion is, wide airdrop can attract many new users and create some kind positive effects

3 Likes

Very interesting. So if there is a will to block sybil farming, there are already established solutions. Hopefully, people who will be making the decision about airdrop are aware of those.

Wide ardrop is a great option as we all know that wide spread is important to build a good community and to build a good ecosystem.

I like the idea of wide airdrop as there is little complains from the users, and if we do the wide airdrop, more and more users will be attacted to Starknet as the effect of huge exposure.

I think a wide airdrop can attract a lot of new users and help create a good ecosystem. Of course, encouraging early adopters promotes development. However, it is necessary to filter users

It doesn’t matter how wide the scope of the airdrop is, the focus should be on removing Sybil attacks

I support the widespread distribution of airdrops, because it can bring a large number of users to starknet in an all-round way, thereby improving tvl.

i personally, joined this community late not because i wanted to be late but because i started learning about blockchain and crypto just recently. But in the little time i have been in this space i fell in love with your project and what it offers. now imagine someone in my shoes who feels he is late but wished to have joined and supported earlier? how does he get rewarded for genuinely loving and supporting you but came late. Wide airdrop seems reasonable and sybils can be filtered by your experts and real users can be rewarded.

Yes of course. airdrops should be distributed to more people or large parts will be collected in one hand and you will not be able to control the price

Wide airdrop is okay for Starknets wider adoption but as sybil attack abounds :thinking:, we should find more complicated criteria for airdrop score, which Optimisim obviously performed better than Arbitrum. Airdrop is mainly for real Starknet supporters rather than hunters,contract to $op and $arbs high turnover rate after airdrop.

My opinion is to everyone who attended and registered But by weight fa it makes more sense to have a high amount of airdrops to its own community

Great point! It’s important to carefully consider the potential drawbacks of a wide airdrop and weigh them against the benefits. Rewarding early adopters who have contributed to the ecosystem is definitely worth considering as well. Ultimately, it comes down to finding the right balance between incentivizing growth and maintaining the integrity of the network.

Very interesting.

So if there is a will to block sybil farming, there are already established

solutions. Hopefully, people who will be making the decision about airdrop are aware of those.