Retrodrop proposal (my vision)

The criteria should be evaluated according to which actions will bring the most benefit to the protocol. Does the fact that a person has joined discord bring any benefit to the protocol? Compared to the number of transactions and various activities performed in the ecosystem, it is completely insignificant and irrelevant. Plus, it’s essentially the easiest and first thing airdrop hunters do. Especially since many people, including myself, can’t join StarkNet discord at all, because for some strange reason I’m banned (got banned the minute i joined), and when I ask in this forum for someone to help, the only help I’ve received is that they say that join Telegram it’s the same. So having such criteria as “joined discord” doesnt only make sense but is actually harmful for the ecosystem, as there are probably many people like me who have participated in the ecosystem for months, but are unable to join Discord.

There’s only one efficient criteria to rule out airdrop hunters and that is GitCoin passport. And as the protocol benefits mainly from gas fees, I would say that number of tx’s is one of the biggest criteria you shuld have in that list. Do you think that 20 tx’s is enough? For me, if a person only has 20 tx, I’d say he’s 99% an airdrop hunter, or just someone claiming to be a part of community whereas in reality just looking for a cheap way to benefit from airdrop. Having stakes/added liquidty and donations in the ecosystem is by far more valuable than owning one NFT or joining Discord. Change number of tx’s from 20 to 100 and it starts to make sense.

The period during which the person has interacted with the protocol certainly plays a role. This should be one of the main criteria, as it was with ARB - 1, 6, 9 months. Because most hunters are not consistent enough to participate for a longer period of time.

I guess you have done a great job writing this. But as I said on other Write-ups about Starknet token distribution ( or let me say Airdrop), it is never within the community members’ purview to attend or speculate on eligibility, We could avoid frustration or heartbroken When the real eligibility criteria comes out.

If I may ask, when is it likely for Starknet to drop

I don’t think anyone can tell you that

The question is rhetorical.

As long as there is no official debate between the central team and us, the community, that decision and the criteria will only be the decision of the central team, but the criteria proposed by you are very good.

There are many discussions surrounding the first token unlock for VCs and foundations before incentivizing the community. I hope the foundation has a well-thought-out approach to address this matter.

Thank you for providing your version of the airdrop criteria for Starknet Ecosystem users. I believe incorporating additional criteria and multiplier bonuses to acknowledge active and loyal users is an excellent concept. Nevertheless, I am curious about the methods you would employ to authenticate the ownership of Starknet ID and NFTs on the Starknet network. Could you kindly provide any sources or references pertaining to this matter?

I think the weights of different behaviors should be designed reasonably. In addition, in order to encourage more people to participate, the Matthew Effect should not be increased.

I like the Geographical diversity and the talent of the Council members. I would love to see a few CEO’s of Traditional Web2 companies in future in this Council so that we can learn how best to onboard web2 companies into this space. Real world utility will be a key success factor. Polygon Team has taken the lead but there is a lot more space to capture for other L2s & L3s

any new update of retrodrop? maybe now the first round of 50 M tokens is for the builders and the individule contributors. Not sure also for users in the future drop. :sweat_smile:

I think the balance of at least $50 in wallet maybe unreasonable. It‘s all considered that we are in the bear market, $50 is too much for many people. Because there are not worthy products needed to be interacted. In addition to this point, I all agree. I think all aspects nearly are considered.

If you were an active user who contributed to the StarkNet ecosystem during the process, I’m pretty sure you will be rewarded!

I actually don’t understand the donation (and why we need to donate??)
Agree with most of you opinions.

I dig this article, maybe it could be for your reference.

I guess my main question here is how is the recent 50 millions tokens for early community program different than the initial 9% for the community provision they initially mentioned one year ago?

To be completely frank the starknet foundation is by far the most confusing foundation i have came through since my adventure in crypto started back in 2015. Under the impression they just decide at last minute what to do and never had a clear roadmap for decentralization

I believe the confusion could be because there was initial announcement as per how the token will be distributed and what the foundation is doing now, or rumored to do. Many waters have passed under the bridge after the initial announcement, so I will guess there will be modifications to the token distribution amongst other information. Until the foundation makes clear final announcement before token launch, it will be better to just stay in the announcement waiting zone.