Wide airdrop yes/no?

If the airdrop is small, it will lose a large number of real users.What is the significance of small-scale airdrops? Let that small group of people get rich?

I don’t think so. Extensive airdrops will only cause pressure to sell the market, which will lead to the depreciation of the currency price, and will affect the subsequent active users.

You are correct. You never know who can help the ecosystem the most. Maybe bad example but look at the USA. All early adopters are dead now but the system still (more or less) functions. It works because there was a mechanism for newcomers to enter into the upper parts of the hierarchy. If we only reward super early adopters, we may risk that newcomers will simply take their chances somewhere else where they are welcomed more.

I think it should be graded by different criteria. Some criteria can act as multipliers. Apart from early Starkex users, regular and active users of Starknet mainnet should also take advantage of the airdrop. We know that TVL on Starknet mainnet is still very low compared to Arbitrum. Active users should be encouraged to use the network more. But if they don’t get any share of the airdrop in the end, it will have huge implications. Arbitrum bought the SS quite late and I think it’s a successful grading. I haven’t heard of many people dissatisfied with the airdrop they received. Starknet can do that too.

It is very much a crucial part of the crypto ethos. It encourages adoption and is sum positive for most protocols. The responsibility given to community members is therefore essential imo

Good strategy for expanding its market size!

yes. I agree with you

Wide airdrop maybe good at first. Then we can have round 2/3 airdrops with more restrictions.

Wide airdrop is better.

I thing wide airdrop is a greatest marketing move))) People like it)

airdrops are positive from the point of view of brand awareness, but most of those who receive , discard their tokens, not contributing to the protocol, some measure that could block liquidity would be interesting,

Waiting for that fren

Actually foundation can take care of this part. They can set multiple criteria to filter the top X% people. I can see a lot of post are about the airdrop. Let’s make this forum clear and keep all the discussion in one post. If you are just a hunter, the team will not welcome you and filter you out.

Only airdropping to a small number of users in the early stage will not be conducive to the long-term construction of stark. We need more people to participate, so we still need to use a wider range of airdrops. The huge exposure effect can bring more users influx. The key point is to do a good job of eliminating witches while airdropping widely.

We have lot of dev right now, but to keep Starknet onboarding users and incentive them, according to me its will be more profitable for starknet to do an airdrop on users (Mainnet and Testnet). The option seems to airdrop only to users that interacted with AMM / StarknetID (like having a domain) …etc, and at least with a significant amount on their wallet (like 5-10$, because lot of airdrop farmer just make few transactions with 2-3$. But yes, airdrop on users make sens to expand Starknet network.

a wide airdrop may be a viable strategy, but it will be important to take steps to prevent sybil attacks and ensure that the airdrop is reaching genuine users who are interested in using the platform. If the goal is to reward early users and incentivize platform usage, a targeted airdrop may be more appropriate. :slightly_smiling_face:

Airdrop it is good solution to move project ahead .

1. If people recieve tokens and after mainet starts in 99% they strat activity as sending, stacking selling/buying, with first second the network active.
  2. it is good advirtising with call to action, who recieve tokens in drop start telling it to everybody friend family etc, so lots people who even dont herd about the project will start serching it and some of it part will try to use.
  3. Comunity will grove up fastly, because people will belive in project wich is in mainet and take care of people involved

I think that if there is an airdrop, it is necessary to fight against the witch, but the key is to identify the robots. Robots will have many accounts and activities, unlike some people who operate without paying time costs. The harm caused by several people participating in the community is obviously not as great as that of thousands or tens of thousands of robots, which is unfair. Airdrops are the best publicity for the community, and more users naturally mean good things for ecology. Especially, airdrops cannot be distributed all at once. Like OP, they should always motivate people to participate with ecological development. After all, pursuing interests is human nature and we seem unable to overcome it!

I support a wide airdrop but with tougher filtering than Arbitrum or Optimism:

• Flagging accounts that bridged less than X eth (although I know there are users that are legit that have less than that X but its better flagging a thousand non legit accounts than a few dozen legit ones)
  • Flagging accounts that bridged from Ethereum mainnet that have just one transaction made before from a CEX;

We should have proposals to help Starknet flag non legit accounts.

Airdrop are a way to recognize supporters, but early supporters and new supporters are all eco-warriors, so they should all have a share, but there should also be a distinction in quantity to be more fair.