[DRAFT] [Reward: Airdrop] WHO ARE REAL EARLY USERS?

Some weight should be given to those who first used the bridge experience

8 Likes

We dont have STRK yet but soon we will!!! and we will be active voter.

8 Likes

should provide airdrop for test users. they are the first to test the product.

7 Likes

yes,To build decentralization you gotta improve distribution mechanism instead of making filtering users mechanism.

7 Likes

At this stage, airdropping to users should not be considered. The reason is that the current network is very slow, and those who can tolerate multiple transactions are not real users.

5 Likes

I agree with the vast majority of opinions, with the exception of the test network. Because there is a lot of worthless network activity here

5 Likes

I do not recommend airdrops on the testnet, but I suggest airdrops to dapp project parties, so that the project parties can redistribute to users.

5 Likes

agreed with most of your pointsā€¦ everyone should have their fair share according to their participation in the network. some ā€œearly usersā€ should also think about the growth of network instead of greedā€¦

6 Likes

should learn from the rules of optimism and consider various situations to exclude non-real users as much as possible

5 Likes

The advantage of test user airdrop is that it can develop new people
The downside is too many bots.

4 Likes

Would be great to merge the different discussions regarding possible distribution.

Here I comment why I think that having a clear structure for being eligible for an airdrop is bad. We need sybill resistance mechanisms for doing it properly!

5 Likes

How can you find flaws, develop your system, test it, and create a flawless product if there are no users using tesnet.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, due to the popularity of airdrops, the rich have become richer, while the poor remain as usual. Itā€™s hard to use all network if you have low bank, <100$. So we need totally new system to make retro/air-drops. Donā€™t give it to everyone who used the network, but to peoples who were really interested. This will give us a smaller number of participants, much more generously rewarded :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Actually we could categorize and adjust the airdrop ratio into several sector, and for incentive to early user / testnet user: due to testnet users have lower cost and might easily be exploited, so can lower the testnet drop ratio or thereā€™s other proposal to propose testnet activity as a multiplier. The real question should be who is real user or community that would support network long term development

3 Likes

I agree that many airdrops do reward just the rich or those privileged ones.

2 Likes

Personally, I would single out three gradations of an early user.

1. Those who participated in the testnet, devnet. These are the most dedicated users. This is Snapshot number 1, multiplier.
  2. Those who have been constantly involved in the project for the last 6 months, or more. Itā€™s main user base. Snapshot number 2, multiplier.
  3. All those who participated in the project Before the Arbitrum airdrop. Just look how much interest in Starknet has grown in terms of the number of transactions L2 Bridge Stats (Arbitrum, Optimism, zkSync, StarKNet) . This is why there were some difficulties in the network. Snapshot number 3, qualification requirement.

Are those who participated after the Arbitrum airdrop worthy of some kind of reward?

I think yes. Since they check the network for loads and make it better. But it is definitely worth fighting against multi-accounts and introducing additional criteria such as ProofOfhumanity, or other proof of identitty and plus other restrictive measures.

But, maybe those who came after Arbitrum airdrop should be listed in the second / third round of the airdrop? if it ever will :sweat_smile:

P.S. @water The criteria you suggested looks great.

2 Likes

Sure right. I learn lots of things when testing.

4 Likes

I personally think that airdrops should be given to the people running nodes.

4 Likes

Itā€™s really hard to identify who is the REAL early users but itā€™s not that hard to say who is the loyalty user. Isnā€™t it

3 Likes

Its not okay, many rich people create account farms, with 10, 50, 100, or even 1000 accounts in it and do activities(swaps, bridges, etc) to get a drop.

Just imagine, you have 10k$, making 100 account, do half of ARB activites, and getting 500 000$. 10 000 ā†’ 500 000$ its insaneā€¦

Starknet, pls fix it, airdrops now its stupid farm for rich kids. Crypto community need more stricter rules for getting a drop. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes