Airdrop proposal

Rewarding those who have only worked in the test network is not the right thing in my opinion.
In this case, only the farmers will be happy.
I think part 2 and 3 are very important ( 1. More than 3 transactions on the Starknet network on different days /weeks (such a selection criterion will eliminate many Sybils, since few of them perform repetitive actions on the network, since this requires money to pay for gas)
2. Take a picture of those who have more than a certain amount in dollars in any tokens on their balance in the network. Stablecoins also need to be taken into account, since many cannot afford to store most of the money in Ethereum in a bear market, and most often they store them in the amount necessary to pay for gas. (Most sybils cannot and do not want to leave even $ 50 on the balance in the Starknet network, respectively, they practically do not use the network, since after the first login to the Starknet network, they withdraw funds on the same day and no longer make transactions on the network) ).

7 Likes

Do we have a polling place that I think we should develop into a DAO

8 Likes

Suggest referring to OP, initially only release a part, and then release some airdrops every year.

7 Likes

While itā€™s true that rewarding those who interact with the Starknet network can encourage more adoption, rewarding those who contribute to other networks can also benefit the Starknet network in the long run. For instance, incentivizing stakeholders in other networks to support the Starknet network can result in more cross-chain interoperability, which can benefit both networks.

7 Likes

åŒę„[quote=ā€œVyacheslav, post:1, topic:6454, full:trueā€]
I want to propose several criteria for landing and how to effectively weed out Sybil.

Suggested criteria (can be used either as a multiplier or to distribute airdrop to everyone who meets ALL criteria):

1. Using the Starknet bridge (since it is still really an alpha version and there is a risk of losing money, accordingly, people who risk their own money for the benefit of alpha testing of the product should get an airdrop)

2. More than 3 transactions on the Starknet network on different days /weeks (such a selection criterion will eliminate many Sybils, since few of them perform repetitive actions on the network, since this requires money to pay for gas)

3. Take a picture of those who have more than a certain amount in dollars in any tokens on their balance in the network. Stablecoins also need to be taken into account, since many cannot afford to store most of the money in Ethereum in a bear market, and most often they store them in the amount necessary to pay for gas. (Most sybils cannot and do not want to leave even $ 50 on the balance in the Starknet network, respectively, they practically do not use the network, since after the first login to the Starknet network, they withdraw funds on the same day and no longer make transactions on the network)

4. The owners of the node in devnet Starknet, who were not promised any rewards (which means that most sybil do not put the node, especially since it is quite expensive. The node occupies a huge amount of memory, which significantly affects the cost of its maintenance. Thanks to the owners of the devnet node, a network is maintained that helps developers create their own projects).

5. Registered participants of the Starknet forum (since these are people who are really interested in the Starknet network, who participate in its creation, discussion, work and monitor its development). A snapshot should be taken before the publication of this topic, as many will start registering for the sake of a retrodrop. Also, it is not necessary to include this criterion as mandatory in the sum with the previous criteria.

I also want to express my opinion about the airdrop for Gitcoin donators/voting /stake holders /multi-signal safe in other networks:

I believe that it is those who interact with the Starknet network that should be encouraged, and not those who may not even know about such a network as Starknet.

The Starknet network will help participants with a small bank to use the blockchain to the fullest, since often people simply do not have enough money to pay for gas in the main Ethereum network. And if you provide airdrops to those who make a lot of transactions on the main network, then you make the rich even richer, which, in my opinion, is completely wrong.
[/quote]strong text

yesļ¼

11 Likes

sybil is still being debated, about how to categorize it. I believe a lot has been done so far to anticipate this, but there is always something new.

8 Likes

I think weā€™ll leave this for the team to decide, both mainnet and testnet users play a great role in the development of the project, all will be rewarded accordingly.

6 Likes

I think that if starknet will do an airdrop they could take into account to reward users whom used

7 Likes

I am not quite sure why bridging from mainnet to Starknet be considered as number 1, as we have different options to bridge to Starknet.

5 Likes

My funds are limited, but I am a genuine user and I do not believe that I should be falsely accused of being an attacker due to my financial situation. I believe that account behavior is more important than excessive focus on financial resources.

7 Likes

Great proposal, May I add:

propose several criteria for landing and how to effectively weed out Sybil in order to encourage participation and engagement with the StarkNet network. The following criteria can be used either as a multiplier or to distribute an airdrop to everyone who meets ALL criteria:

1. Use of the Starknet bridge from other chains should be accounted for. This is because the mainnet is very expensive, and it is important to encourage smaller value chain holders who want to explore the StarkNet ecosystem.
  2. Participants who make more than 3 transactions on the StarkNet network on different days/weeks should be considered. This criterion will help eliminate many Sybils, as few of them perform repetitive actions on the network, as it requires money to pay for gas.
5 Likes
  1. Strict standards will cause resistance to ordinary users. 2. At present, the use of the main network is not very smooth, the ecology is not very complete, so we need users to give us traffic * Airdrops are incentive in nature
10 Likes

Add:
Maybe you can consider ā€œmultiple snapshotsā€ and ā€œintervalsā€ for airdrops;
Such as:

1. Users in the starknet startup phase (example: 2022-06-01 snapshot). These are the early users who participated in the test at the very beginning of starknet. They contributed to starknet and should be motivated.
  2. During the initial starknet users (example: snapshot on 2023-03-01), these users are very loyal users. We all know that during this process, starknet network lag is very serious (6 hours for a transaction to be successful), users who can stick with it must be very loyal and they should be motivated.
  3. Users in starknetā€™s development stage (snapshots can be taken several times in the plan). Due to the airdrop of op and arb, a large number of users have been attracted to starknet network, so developers need to make development plans to attract more users and developers through incentives.
5 Likes

I think this is unfair to the community members behind, you can set their trust levelļ¼Œmust reach trust level 1

5 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions. I think these are reasonable criteria for landing and preventing Sybil attacks. I especially agree with using Starknet bridge and rewarding node owners as they contribute significantly to testing and maintaining Starknet network . However,I have some questions about taking pictures of balances and registering participants of forum . How would you verify that these pictures are authentic and not manipulated? And how would you ensure that forum participants are genuine users and not bots or fake accounts? I would appreciate your clarification on these points.

5 Likes

Just wanna say, consider all assets across all chains, donā€™t just focus on the balance, cuz Iā€™m an NFT collector, and Iā€™d like to turn every penny into an NFT, so my balance is usually pretty low, lol.

5 Likes

I think it would be a mistake to give beta users airdrops, although beta is an important part, but there are a lot of witches

6 Likes

Applications on Starknet are very inconsistent and a terrible experience. SWAP transactions are a failure, and when it comes to actual STARKNET users, this should be decided when the actual STARKNET platform is less glitchy and fully functional.

7 Likes

for my view, nowdays it is not a very good time to airdrop:1) The TVL and the eco apps are relative small. 2) the User Experience is not very good in the mainnet, as the gas is not cheap compared with arbitrum or optimism. So the team may consider launch the token next year, with multiple rounds airdrops to attract more users in starknet. :heart:

8 Likes

You all done a terrific job and had a good proposal. Yet, over-examination might be detrimental. Aptā€™s success is not what it should be. I think itā€™s important to get active in the community for more than just the short term.

[DRAFT] [Reward: Airdrop] WHO ARE REAL EARLY USERS?

4 Likes